Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] stuck at 94% equipping avatars

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Alley Oop, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i was able to load into 584 earlier, but i went to highvale outskirts and, a couple of minutes after reporting the squirrel, tried switching from multi to friends and it stuck at 94%. several times. i then went and did other things for a few hours and just tried again. loading to highvale outskirts sticks at 94% and so does loading to overworld.

2. Alley Oop

still broken with 595. this started the next load after receiving the unfixed helm of courage; can that be deleted from my inventory so i can see if that was the problem?

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Also stuck at 94% trying to enter Understorm mine in 585, but didn't see the problem before. Windows is not detecting it as unresponsive, so I'm not getting the crash dialog and had to bring up task manager to kill it. Trying again worked.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 24482
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Alley Oop
    I'm not sure what you mean about the unfixed helm of courage could you explain please?
    I haven't been able to repro the stuck at loading screen issue for this release, so I encourage everyone else who may be having this issue to post on this forum thread as we establish a pattern...

5. Alley Oop

when you talk to sven and get the helm of courage quest, he gives you a badly-damaged version of the helm and then sends you out to get the ore needed to fix it.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We believe we've identified the issue occurring. Found an exception firing after following a vaguely similar repro case. A fix is being worked on.

Thank you for reporting!

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Just had it hang at 94% twice in a row, right after updating to 586. I was trying to load Kingsport. The time above (yesterday) was right after updating to 585.

EDIT: and now it's doing it a third time after I used "start on world map" to Hidden Vale.

...and fourth time isn't the charm, either.

Fifth time, tried an alt, was able to get into Kingsport. Could it be something to do with character data?

Does it matter that I always start it from a shortcut, and not the "Play" button in the launcher?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  8. Alley Oop

fixed with 587

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.