Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Stunned mobs sometimes still turn with you

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by runicpaine, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

1. Title: Stunned mobs sometimes still turn with you
    2. Reproduction Rate: 50%~
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Stun or knock down a target and then try circling them. Sometimes they will turn with you, making sneak attack impossible to use sometimes. Sometimes they keep turning and sometimes a second later they will finally stop for an instant but not long enough to take advantage of.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Reproduced using Body Slam, Knockback, and crushing blow. Verified animation and stun and/or knocked down debuff is on target. I primarily was seeing this with Kobolds and the aggressive Watchers in and around Krawl
    6. MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro G
      GTX980M
      Intel Core I7
      Windows 10

Skyedrifter and Skyo like this.
  2. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I've seen this a couple times with mountain trolls

Skyo likes this.
  3. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Yeah I used to see it on occasion, but this release it's around 50% of the time or so. Not sure if some mobs are worse about it or if a major change happened that broke it a bit but I've been seeing it a lot after the new release.

Skyo likes this.
  4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'm seeing this as well. Specifically when the mob is knocked down he will keep turning with me. Big angries since this dicks sneak attack lol.

Edit: I suppose the proper term is that the mob will continue "tracking" me even while stunned. This happens pretty much 100% of the time as long as the mob isn't moving when I stun it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Skyo likes this.
  5. Purie

Purie Avatar

Might aswell add that stun/knockdown doesn't show up in debuffs correctly all the time. Sometimes target can be stunned/knockdowned but doesn't show the debuff.

Skyo likes this.
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 50335

7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I saw that this was a known issue written out in the patch notes so hopefully we'll see a fix this mini-patch cycle. I really want to emphasize how big of a problem this is for melee players fighting "at level" enemies. If I can't get behind something, odds are really good I can't kill whatever it is before it (and usually its many friends) kill me. Makes anything outside dragons and trolls (or when I'm feeling masochistic and go mining) very miserable to do.

@Lexie - Thank you in advance, I know you do your best to pass the information along and it seems like this patch has kept you extra busy.

8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Aaaaand the sadface when this stayed in known issues for 660 :(

9. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

@Lexie I submitted the same bug and you came back two weeks later and said you couldn't reproduce even though you marked it as known. Seems like the future for this thread.

10. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

So when we say "known" it means we have a bug submitted for it already. It is a 'we know about this' so we can filter out reports we have already submitted. But after further investigation from submitting,we cannot repro. We always submit then review for tracking purposes :)

Yeah, I think if this is still happening we're missing some special sauce here. Multiple people in multiple characters internally cannot repro this. We're trying to do it at the same way you guys are telling us it is happening. At some point, we have to kick it back and ask if it is still something you guys even see :)

Maybe a video or something will help, because right now, it seems to be more than just Body Slam, Knockback, and crushing blow on either Kobolads or Barbarians in Grannus Colossus. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. Right now we need more info, I'm afraid.

11. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Lexie - Try Skeletons. The Elite Skeleton Archers/Mages in Wyrmsands should make perfect targets. To repro with almost certainty, let them be attacking you before you body slam one. It cannot be moving. It needs to be in its attack sequence where it is actively tracking the character. When you stun it, be actively moving to try to get behind it (Like you would basically want to normally to try to get in 2-3 attacks in from behind)

Edit: This is really pretty common for me and I'm wagering the same for most the other people I've talked to in the game when complaining about this issue. I do seem to have better luck getting them to stay facing a certain way if I'm not moving immediately after the stun, though, so maybe you guys are sitting and waiting for them to be stunned before trying to run behind them? Either way this is extremely common so I am somewhat shocked reproduction of this is being tricky.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Skyo likes this.
  12. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

After paying real close attention for a few hours last night and my finding is that they will almost always still be turning while they're falling to the ground in the case of body slam when they're doing what I wrote above. This is 100% not the same behavior as in the past (and also nerfs melee because you most definitely only get one attack in from behind like this).

13. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Kigu Starfish (Kor) - Help a brother out Kor, take some video of this nonsense. I'm too retarded to get mine to work right.

14. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Still happening as of 9/19 and often enough I took sneak attack off my bar :(

15. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I also took the skill of my bar as this is still not functioning as of 9/20.

Basically making melee unplayable this release.

@Chris @DarkStarr @Lord British

16. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are aware of the issue, and have a fix implemented internally. As with any code fix that touches all NPCs, and has the potential to break their behavior in unexpected ways, we elected to not include it in a patch that went out on the same day the fix was submitted, with no time to test.

We apologize for the significant inconvenience to your combat experience, and look forward to the fix making its way out to players ASAP.

Skyo likes this.
  17. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Thank you @Attenwood . I only kept the updates up since it was a "Repro Needed" title. R46 isn't that far away at this point, so hopefully this'll be a thing of the past then. Thank you again for the update.

Attenwood and Skyo like this.
  18. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

@Attenwood you sir are the bomb. Thank you for the communication!

Attenwood likes this.
  19. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.