Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] TAB does not work when Chat UI pops up - Mouse look to Cursor move blocked

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by GreyMouser Skye, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Rehashing this problem which was never even acknowledged before... and who would expect that it is still there!
    OK, needed the sarcasm as I have mostly given up on reporting bugs.

Blocker:
    Yes - cannot click on keywords to speak with people
    No - hit escape multiple times to exit conversation, TAB into cursor mode, double click on person to restart converstation.

Description:
    When talking to people in Mouse-look mode I frequently get the conservation dialogue to appear but cursor mode is not enabled and the TAB key is disabled. (About 60% occurrence, not sure how to 100% reproduce yet). I can type all my conversations, so the TAB key is trying to enter the TAB character into the dialogue box instead of toggling the cursor/mouselook mode.

Only if I hit escape twice to leave the conversation can I then switch to cursor mode and restart the conversation. I am not a new player and this is making me want to quit all quests since all quests mean these days are talking to people and clicking words. [Yes, I did not filter that one]

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This has been acknowledged before....the problem was getting to the root of it. That took some time. Other players reported the symptoms, and nailing down the behavior that caused took some additional work. I apologize if you did not see the prior threads on it. It's hared to get to every post when everyone opens up new threads :) Bug # is 50219 work on it is ongoing. Thank you and hang in there.

@GreyMouser Skye

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'll see if I can get it added to the known issues list as well - as you know, for now, to prevent it from happening just avoid cursor lock mode temporarily. It's the only way to stop running into it until the solution is found.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.