Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Targeting why it needs to be fixed and why NPCs are dying, it is still broken

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Weins201, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Look at this pic -

[​IMG]

BTW for the picture I turned more to the right, when it died the Squirrel was almost off my screen.

I put my cursor over the Stag to target it, I was in Auto attack, so I double clicked the Stag and the reticle on it BUT, since it was out of range and that poor Squirrel, who was barely visible, Was in range I killed it. After it was dead I double clicked the Stag again, still out of range so an arrow wings off to no where.

This is the problem with targeting and the same problem player have had since it was implemented.

There was a adjustment so you would not auto target them but there in NO way I should have shot that squirrel.

None.

discipleofweb, Aldo and Rentier like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I get the same results with horses if fighting a mob in auto attack and the mob dies just before I press an attack key. Since the mob is dead when attack key is pressed, the attack switches to nearest somewhat innocent mob and kills it. I avoid all combat around horses for this reason.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Bug #: 54742 created.
    I finally could repro. Very situational for me depending on the positioning of both the 'friendly' and the mob, but I got it now. Thank you.
    @Weins201
    @Aldo

Barugon and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.