Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] The Epitaph: path of the Oracle loot in chests after quest complete (minor spoilers)

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Elwyn, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

9/9/2017 10:46 PM
    Title: The Epitaph: path of the Oracle loot in chests after quest complete (minor spoilers)
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 24482
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.659.Date.09.05.17
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis_Underground
    Area Display Name: The Epitaph
    Loc: (-2.9, 0.1, 14.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzX1VuZGVyZ3JvdW5kfHwoLTIuOTQ5LCAwLjA1NywgMTQuNTQ1KXwoMCwgLTEsIDAsIDApfC01MzkuOTk4MXwxMi45Nzc3OHw1LjMwNzI2Mw==

Area: The Epitaph (Novia_R4_City_Desolis_Underground) Loc: (15.8, -9.9, -70.9) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzX1VuZGVyZ3JvdW5kfHwoMTUuNzczLCAtOS44NiwgLTcwLjk0NSl8KDAsIDAuMDQ3LCAwLCAtMC45OTkpfC03MjUuNjE5NHwzMS45NDk5MnwxLjQyNTk0OQ==

Details:
    After completing the Path of the Oracle, the page and lens still appear in chests in The Epitaph.

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Finish Path of the Oracle
    - go to The Epitaph
    - open chests at above locs (you will need to defeat the satyr and avoid the troll)
    - find lens shard and page
    Expected result: no lens shard or page

I made a point of not taking either item because I expected them to be not deleteable.

discipleofweb likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Elwyn
    Were you in a party at the time or strictly solo?

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Solo in multi-player mode.

Lexie likes this.
  4. Lexie

@Elywn
    I just considered that this may be related to another bug we have open. Sorry, I did not consider to ask about this earlier, but do you still have the prior quests for the Shroud in your task list? Perhaps because you completed it previously in a group? (that's the bug) I do know that it isn't showing up for my characters that are NOT on this story line, which is good, but I haven't come that far yet to check on characters that have and were also affected by that open bug...

If you have nothing on your character that has these tasks on you, I'm going to submit this as a brand new bug. Clearly you have done these parts previously if you have the Shroud.

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The only time I was in a group was when I got the shard (lens?) from Grannus Colossus. The one where you have to fight dozens of baddies and go through/over gates.

The only journal entry I still have active related to the main story is "Travel to Estgard" (from Path of Courage), which I bypassed because I couldn't figure out how to make the NPC happy. I might also have cleared out one or two at a town crier from back when I did Path of Love, but nothing related to Path of the Oracle.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Lexie likes this.
  7. Lexie

Great info. That cleared up my suspicions. Thanks!
    Bug #: 50515, thanks again.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Also found in Rhun Vault, the obsidian chest has Page of Compassion and Cruelty after Path of the Oracle is complete. So possibly all the page/lens chests have this problem.

Area: Rhun Vault (Novia_R5_Underground02_01) Loc: (3.2, 0.3, -1.9) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjVfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwMl8wMXx8KDMuMTU5LCAwLjI1OCwgLTEuODgyKXwoMCwgMC42NDUsIDAsIDAuNzY0KXw3MC42NTAwOHw0MC45Nzg4M3wzLjQzMDA2Ng==

Also, I accidentally took a page and was able to dispose of it. So the chests do still need to be able to give you another page before the final assembly in case the parts get thrown away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.