Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Travel: Unable to enter Highvale, new variant

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Azhai, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azhai

Azhai Avatar

Title: Travel: Unable to enter Highvale, new variant

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? Partial (some quests)

Details:
    I'm unable to enter Highvale from Novia. Different from the other threads i found about the topic is, that I did deliver Gawain's amulet to Resolute and also got Brigid's amulet.
    I got new quests from the noble and his seneshal that require me to return to Highvale, "Find news about Aldorn" and "Find Cyannis". On the Novia view, Highvale has the blue sparkles indicating quest targets there, but when I'm at that place, only the "Enter Area" button is shown, without the village's name above it. Clicking it has no effect other than the clicking-button colour change.

A speculation of mine is, that it might be caused by a confilct between the new quests and an unfinished quest "Word about Nena's charges" from the first time i was there. I got the children's letter, but did not give it to Nena yet.

The bug prevents progress on 3 quests: "Word about Nena's charges", "Find news about Aldorn" and "Find Cyannis"

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Start game with path of courage, so the Oracle send's you to Highvale.
    2. Get quest from Gawain to deliver amulet to Brigid
    3. Get quest "Word about Nena's charges" from Nena.
    4. Get children's letter from keep, but do not return it to Nena.
    5. Leave Highvale and deliver Gawain's amulet to Brigid in Resolute.
    6. Get Brigid's quest "Hire a boat in Harvest". (to be sure the previous quest is finished)
    7. Go to the castle in Resolute and get the quests "Find news about Aldorn" and "Find Cyannis".
    8. Leave Resolute and travel through Novia to Highvale.
    9. Try to enter Highvale.

User Specs: PC, Win 7, 64bit, game version 50, trial user

Please advise.

Best regards

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Azhai
    Great details - you got quite the memory :)
    Thank you. Bug # is: 55482
    I also noted you started with this path and that you are a trial user (this may be related)

3. Azhai

Azhai Avatar

What ever you have done [Edit: or is it because i meanwhile subscribed?], it worked. I was now able to enter Highvale and finish the quests "Find news about Aldorn" and "Find Cyannis". As Nena is not longer present on the post-initial version of Highvale, that quest remains unsolved. But that can be seen as "failed quest" due to player not solving it in time.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.