Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Unable to interact with crafting tables

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Elrond, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Been trying to test crafting in my home but cant interact with any craft table as you can see in the image posted below the mouse is a pale green ( sadly mouse doesnt show up in print) not full green i can move the craft table around but when i click it nothing happens . I tried the alchemy station in town also no luck...mouse is not even green its white there . The bags, chest all seem fine (can interact with them) .

Home crafting table

[​IMG]

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Flip

Flip Avatar

I have the same issue, most of the time. It looks like you only get the green cursor if there is no placeable object (or house) behind the table, where your mouse pointer is.

Drake Aedus likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It could just be normal crafting tables, we've got reports of benefactor expert tables working in Diamond Fields.

5. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I'm having the same problem with benefactor tables. Sometimes there is a really specific spot on the table where the cursor turns green. For the alchemy table it's the vials in the vial holder. Other tables I cant find any clickable spot.

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Interesting...I had no problems with the benefactor tables in Diamond Fields yesterday....however, I didn't click on the table I usually turn towards it and hit 'E'

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

same here (not os-specific)

8. Damodar Demodian

Damodar Demodian Avatar

Can confirm with my crafting tables.

*edit* I also can not lie down in my bed. Perhaps this is related?

19.04.2018 12:30
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 16346
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.QA.Win.64.664.Date.04.17.18
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Fields
    Area Display Name: Brittany Umland
    Loc: (308,6, 48,7, -168,0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9GaWVsZHN8fCgzMDguNTgsIDQ4LjY3NCwgLTE2Ny45OSl8KDAsIDAuODYsIDAsIC0wLjUxKXwtMTA4LjY1NDh8MjYuOTkxNTd8My43MzQwMjk=

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

good catch. the crucible on the smelting station is clickable, the anvil for smithing, the pot on the cooking station, the fish on butchery, backboard for milling, spinning wheel and upper left side of loom, back parts of tanning, nothing i can find on tailoring or carpentry. logically it would be the pincushion and the hammer on the side. but all these are only when i'm zoomed in all the way.

margaritte and Rentier like this.
  10. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

same here

11. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I just created a JIRA for the furniture interaction issues we also found. It is not consistent and seems item specific. So 'bed' items seem to work but so far a lot of the bigger beds do not.
    I have a sneaky feeling this is related. I can interact with some of the stations, but only if I find the sweet spot that gives me a green arrow. But it's not all crafting stations in all scenes, which is why we didn't catch this.
    I also wonder if it is related to the surface it is placed on or surface it is placed next to. I can repro in the areas you guys mentioned above, including stations sitting in shogun pavilions. But I cannot repro in our dev crafting station...

Bug #: 58071 - created for the crafting stations. THANK YOU!
    @Elrond

Daxxe Diggler and Elrond like this.
  12. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I'm having the same problems. I can't access the crafting tables at all in at least two locations inside the player-owned town Virtue Oasis:

Location 1: Area: Virtue Oasis (POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis) Loc: (24.3, 38.6, 77.1) DBG: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDI0LjI2OSwgMzguNjMxLCA3Ny4xMzUpfCgwLCAwLjM4MSwgMCwgMC45MjUpfDQwNC43ODMxfDQxLjc2ODk5fDExLjcxMTg=
    Location 2: Area: Virtue Oasis (POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis) Loc: (58.6, 44.3, 42.6) DBG: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDU4LjU4LCA0NC4zNCwgNDIuNTY3KXwoMCwgMC45MDUsIDAsIDAuNDI2KXw0ODkuNjQ4NnwzMy44NTg5OHwxMS43MTE4

but have no problem in a basement inside Virtue Oasis:

Area: Keep Stone & Timber 5-Story Basement (BasementSceneMedievalKeep_5Floor) Loc: (9.3, 3.3, 16.0) DBG: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZU1lZGlldmFsS2VlcF81Rmxvb3J8fCg5LjI5LCAzLjMwMywgMTYuMDQzKXwoMCwgLTAuOTg4LCAwLCAtMC4xNTQpfDg4Mi4yOTh8MzYuNjgzODR8MTEuNzExOA==)

I hope this data helps you figure out the bug!

- Lao Tzu

13. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Area: Knight's Watch (POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Knight's Watch) Loc: (52.8, 44.3, 265.6) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxLbmlnaHQncyBXYXRjaHwoNTIuODE2LCA0NC4zMTUsIDI2NS42MTUpfCgwLCAwLjk5OCwgMCwgMC4wNjQpfDMwNy41NzM2fDQ3LjI0MjIzfDEuMjU=

Same issue. the crafting stations in the shogun crafting pavillion. Seems most in other places work so thinking its a collision issue with the tables and the house.

14. Lained

Lained Avatar

Non interactive
    • Benefactor Refining Tables
    • Founder Production Tables
    • Magical Printing Press
    Interactive
    • Planting Pot/Beds

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 8052
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 GPU RAM: 2141
    SotA.QA.Win.64.666.Date.04.19.18
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (283.0, 36.4, 653.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9XaGFyZnN8fCgyODMuMDQ5LCAzNi40MDIsIDY1Mi45NzcpfCgwLCAwLjE0LCAwLCAwLjk5KXwzNzYuNDc5MXw0Ni4wNTgzNnw0LjQzODYxOA==​

15. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Lexie, I had this issue as well and did some experimenting. I used the same station for these tests.

I first thought it might be related to benefactor/founder stations. I went to a shogun pavilion that had these same stations, and couldn't use them there. Then I went to a normal crafting pavilion with regular crafting stations. Everything seemed fine there. So I came back to my house and tried afew more things. First I moved the benefactor crafting station around the house and couldn't use them. I took the same station to a village lot I have that doesn't have any houses on it. I dropped the station there and was able to use it without any issues. I took the same station to my house, an ornate greenhouse, and the same issues arose.

So I put the house into the magic mover, Since it was a row lot I had the default house to test with as well. I placed the stationa and wasn't able to use it.

So a crafting station placed in a house is unusable, but if the same station is placed outside a house everything is fine.

I also tested inside a town house. I placed the station well away from the walls. I had the same issues.

So I tested outside the house but on the lots. Sometimes I could test and other times I couldn't.

My conclusion from these tests is that there is a camera and raycasting problem. If you place the station anywhere in the house it doesn't allow you to use the station by double clicking it. If you place the station outside on an empty lot, you can use it everytime by double clicking almost anywhere on the station. If you place the station otusid of house, but along a wall, you won't be able to use it. If you place the station oustside a house but along a short wall, like the fron porch of a Lord Marshall benefactor town home and you position the camera in a way were a raycast would hit the wall, you won't be able to use the station. But if you move the camera around so that the raycast wuld hit the ground, you can interact with the station everytime. If you move the station closer to the front of the lot, and position the camera so that raycast would intersect the ground, you can use the station. If you position the camera so that the raycast would hit the house, you won't be able to use the station. I also took the station to the back porch of the house. I placed the station between the wall opening where the steps are. I was able to reproduce the results there as well.

Hope this makes sense, and helps.

Here is the /devbug info for my house and the station in a place where the issue can be reproduced and tested.
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
    Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
    Loc: (366.8, 47.0, -81.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9XaGFyZnN8fCgzNjYuNzY1LCA0Ni45OTUsIC04MS40MDMpfCgwLCAwLjMzNCwgMCwgMC45NDMpfDkxLjYyNzc5fDI5LjIyOTU3fDQuMzg2MDE1

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  16. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    I noticed the same In Blue Rose Isle. However if you move your mouse around certain parts
    of each table can be interacted with.

This only applies to some tables. The blacksmith station, alchemy table, butchering station, cooking station and the magic printing press are all useable if you move your cursor around.

However, the rest cannot be interacted with in this way.

4/20/2018 3:51 PM

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 32662
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8080
    Area: POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Blue Rose Isle
    Area Display Name: Blue Rose Isle
    Loc: (-40.8, 71.1, -171.3)
    Debug: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8Qmx1ZSBSb3NlIElzbGV8KC00MC44MzcsIDcxLjEyMiwgLTE3MS4zMDkpfCgwLCAtMC45ODQsIDAsIDAuMTc4KXwtMTYwLjk4Nzd8MjMuNTU1MTh8MTg=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.