Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Using skills while Tactics Specialization is set to maintain sets Tactics Specialization

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Zeetocht, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeetocht

Zeetocht Avatar

2/26/2018 8:44 PM
    Title: Using skills while Tactics Specialization is set to maintain sets Tactics Specialization to unlearn
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: I don't know how many skills do this, I hope I've included a representative sample, but if I set Tactics Specialization to maintain and then use Berserker's Stance, Body Slam, Offhand Attack, Thrust, Sprint, Dash, Night Vision or Defensive Stance (there may be others) my Tactics Specialization gets set to unlearn (see attached video). Thinking maybe it was because I was in a town I went to Twin Foothills (5 skull zone) and was able to duplicate this issue there. Also, one of my guild-mates who's specialized in Blades and Life just tried to duplicate this and couldn't... perhaps it's specific to the Tactics tree?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 32731
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.736.Date.02.26.18
    Area: PRT_island_metropolis_01/Nesoskia
    Area Display Name: Nesoskia
    Loc: (13.6, 87.8, -73.9)
    Debug: UFJUX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxfE5lc29za2lhfCgxMy41NywgODcuODQ0LCAtNzMuODkpfCgwLCAtMC4wMDgsIDAsIC0xKXwzNTEuNzk4MnwxMS4xMTAzM3w1LjI4Nzc1Mw==

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkFvCvBbc6aBulwVT3wsO7UuQgWg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

I have the same issue, but with the heavy armor specialization

I had polearms and heavy armor specializations, and both were working fine until I picked up the earth specialization. Now, no matter what I do the heavy armor specialization skill automatically untrains when I use any skill or auto attack. My intention is to untrain polearms only, but whatever I do the heavy armor specialization unlearns. It makes no difference if heavy armor specialization is set to train or maintain, it instantly changes to unlearning the moment there is any skill check.

3. Zeetocht

Zeetocht Avatar

Reading Armitage's post reminded me that I had originally specialized in Blades and Fire and then changed my mind so I checked my skills window and low and behold I still have 1 point in Fire Specialization: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFvCvBbc6aBul5khSEXt9vy3Byx. I had set that whole tree to unlearn and it seems to have stopped unlearning so I tried to use an Obsidian Item of Unlearning to completely unlearn it with no success. That instigated me to search the forum for others having similar issues and found there are some and also found a hint that release 737 may fix this... I hope I haven't started a wild goose chase here :(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  4. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I have the same issue. I was just about to log it.. I have death,focus, polearm.. ( I have death to unlearn as I have changed my mind ) Focus I want to learn but have it on unlearn for now.
    I have all 3 on the HUD to make sure I see whats going on..

If I enable Polearm and set to maintain. AS soon as I get attacked or hit something It switches to unlearn. ( So I end up with 3 unlearn )
    I tried over and over to switch is back to maintain but it keeps switching back as soon as I am in combat. My only choice is unlearn or learn..

I tried this with Focus and same thing happens..

www.webcandesign.com/sota/specializations not maintain_2018-02-27 05-58-25.flv
    or
    http://www.webcandesign.com/sota/specializations not maintain_2018-02-27 05-58-25_xvid.mp4

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This should be fixed in patch 737. If possible, please review then and rereport if the bug persists.

Thank you for reporting.

Zeetocht likes this.
  6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

ETA on patch 737?

7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Later this morning. Soon™

8. Zeetocht

Zeetocht Avatar

Appears fixed to me... thanks :)

Thread Status: