Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Wanna Buy A Duck[SPOILER]

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Traveller13, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

10/20/2017 11:02 PM
    Title: Wanna Buy A Duck
    Reproduction Rate: 1 for 1
    Blocker? No
    Details: I started the Wanna Buy A Duck quest. A quest marker appeared in the compass. I thought, "hey, that's neat." Thinking it pointed to the next lead, even though that lead was in another scene. I thought you really advanced your tech to be able to do that. It disappeared when I left Brittany Fields and did not reappear on the overland map. It still did not appear when I entered the next scene. It ultimately did not reappear until I entered Brittany Fields again. Strangely, it did not point to next character to talk to in the quest. It pointed to the character that ultimately has the duck. Presumably one could bypass the entire chase to go straight to the end. Then again, that could be your intent.

I did get a chuckle with the note about killing the next person who asks me if I wanna buy a duck.
    Steps to Reproduce: See details.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32688
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.577.Date.10.20.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Fields
    Area Display Name: Brittany Fields
    Loc: (533.9, 41.3, 333.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9GaWVsZHN8fCg1MzMuODg1LCA0MS4yODEsIDMzMy42MjIpfCgwLCAwLjQ2NSwgMCwgLTAuODg1KXwzMDQuMzIxNHw0NS4xNTkzMnwxMC4yMDc0NA==

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

So I grabbed the quest... saw the little blue Icon appear., and headed towards it. Went to talk to Abby, who was the quest giver thinking it was part of it... she said nothing. Talked to the closest NPC, which turned out to be her mother and said duck. Pointed me to little Abby and completed.

So yeah it's broken. Make sure the trigger doesn't get flipped until you talk to whomever sends you back to Brittany.

Traveller13 likes this.
  3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Got it, SOTA-52112

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.