Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Weight and Carrying Capacity Seem Off...

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Ben_Hroth, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

3/29/2018 10:24 AM
    Title: Weight and Carrying Capacity Seem Off...
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: I can't seem to carry anything.

Steps to Reproduce: I'm not carrying anything but it's about 446 stones.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 32711
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6103
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.751.Date.03.28.18
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Diamond Fields
    Area Display Name: Diamond Fields
    Loc: (-5.0, 96.7, 27.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERpYW1vbmQgRmllbGRzfCgtNC45NTMsIDk2LjY2OCwgMjcuMDc4KXwoMCwgMC4wNjIsIDAsIDAuOTk4KXw3MTguNTQ3NHwzNS44MzIwN3wxNy45OTQ2Mg==

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@hroth, did you switch from another account without closing the client? it may be carrying over old data.

Lexie likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

That's a great question, and I suspect that may be related as this is not reproducible by simply wearing a birthday suit...
    @Alley Oop
    @hroth

4. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

I hadn't really used another account (do you mean like a totally different account? or the new multi-account feature).

In any event, the answer to both is No, I hadn't done that yet. I am only a single client single account single multi kinda guy. :)

EDIT: Just realized there was a patch (754). I'll try after the patch, when I get home from work.

Lexie and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Lexie

Thank you @hroth
    It's an odd bug. If you can repro it later, does any weight you add on increase to the total? Can you get encumbered easily in that state? Or does it seem to be a visual UI issue?

6. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Thanks Lexie. It's not visual - I get encumbered and slow down (and cannot teleport).

I'll try when I get home from work, thanks for the followup!

7. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

Re logging in, I now weigh 2 stones, not 400+.

Workaround is to restart!

8. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I had the same problem. Relogging fixed it. I don't use multiple accounts or character slots. I was doing bulking watering, unloaded the remaining water into a chest but my weight was still over 1000lbs. Sorted inventory by weight but couldn't find any culprit.

9. UKDude

UKDude Avatar

I can repro this, if I take large amounts of crafting materials, then unload them back to my bank, the weight listed is not the sum of the components remaining in my inventory and is actually 100s over.

10. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

@Lexie If I take a large amount of water buckets (and/or seeds), and them use them quickly by AoE watering my green houses, the weight doesn't track down properly.

Bellhaven likes this.
  11. Lained

Lained Avatar

I had this happen when I was weighed down with a large stack of cotton, upon selling the stack my weight was stuck, a relog fixed it. I haven't reproduced it to date.

12. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Here is a fun addendum, since items still ghost in the inventory when used in large batches (like watering large amounts of planting pots) I still have to frequently bounce in and out of a basement in order to keep my inventory updated. When I do that scene change, there is a good chance of the most recent item stack added (water in my case) doubling its "apparent" weight in my inventory. That is a lot when I'm carrying 1000 buckets of water.

This is "fixed" by exiting to menu and coming back in game (not fixed by scene change).

@Lexie

13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lexie I just had this happen also. I was in BRO - I turned in an automaton monkey to Gus, gave him the Hood of Truth remnant, got the hood of truth, equipped it, removed it, and then recalled to Northwood - I switched from FO (Party) to Multiplayer - and then I noticed I had a lot of extra weight - I quit and came back, and everything was OK.

Screenshots below.

(While overloaded)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9Ob3J0aHdvb2R8fCg3NS45OTYsIDQwLjQzNywgLTI1My40MzEpfCgwLCAwLjY2OCwgMCwgLTAuNzQ0KXwzMDkuODQwNnwxMi4xNzM0OHw3LjI0OTk5OQ==
    (after reloading)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfQ2l0eV9Ob3J0aHdvb2R8fCg3NS45OTYsIDQwLjQzNywgLTI1My40MzEpfCgwLCAwLjY2OCwgMCwgLTAuNzQ0KXwyNzYuMTYxOXwxMHw3LjI0OTk5OQ==

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Just finished harvesting from one large bed, and planting 5 large, 3 medium, and one small bed. Here is my weight wearing nothing and with as much as can be removed from my inventory gone, and entire inventory visible:

[​IMG]

Exiting to the menu and coming back in fixed the issue.

15. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I was crafting potions for hours heavily encumbered, when I put all the crafting stuff away, I weighted 1800 instead of the 300 I expected. I looked at my all items in inventory sorted by weight and the heaviest item I was carrying was 61 pounds of arrows. I could not account for all that weight anywhere in the inventory. I tried zoning multiple times and nothing changed. I logged out and that cleared it up. I did not think to get any more info at the time.

Waldo Ptolomy

16. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Lexie likes this.
  17. Lexie

I believe this is latency related. I could repro this when we were testing out a crafting bug where it would kick you off the table if you crafted large amounts at once. I created a TON of latency for myself and only then it would occur. I had a lot of heavy stuff shifting in and out of my inventory. Removing the latency cleared up the issues completely and I couldn't repro after that. We did find a bug from it because it was causing crafting table errors that we couldn't previously repro on our end. We figured it out when someone mentioned they were using satellite for service. Bug #: is 57603 and is open. I am willing to bet that those a strong symmetrical internet connection will probably never see this.

You ARE more likely to see this when you are doing things in bulk: moving items, crafting in bulk, farming in bulk.

@Drake Aedus good call, Drake!

So I basically did the same thing I did with the crafting table in agriculture, with /debug activated. I got an error log out of it. Bug #: is 57968. It may be related to the above bug, but I logged it in case it is a different variation of it.
    @hroth

Drake Aedus and Echondas like this.
  18. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Great! I am so glad you managed to repro it. I play behind a VPN due to work, so that could explain the occasional assym bandwidth.

Thank you so much @Lexie this is definitely a QOL improvement as well if it works out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.