Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]what the hell sota???

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by zellock431, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zellock431

zellock431 Avatar

i have arrows. i have a good bow. but when i shoot an arrow it doesn SHOOT or does any damage. fix it sota fix it!

Rada Torment likes this.
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I need more specific information about what's happening to you, @zellock431, in order to submit this to the team as a bug. Are you talking about free attack, auto attack or ranged glyphs? Where are you, using /loc when this happens, or is it every target everywhere? Are you shooting at mobs that are close to you or far away, and what kinds of mobs are they? I need more to go on :D Screenshots or a video would also be most helpful so that we can nail down and reproduce this issue. Thanks so much!

3. benhat

benhat Avatar

4. zellock431

zellock431 Avatar

im using a bow. when i shoot a yellow named bear it doesntdo any damage. im in deep ravenswood. see before the patch i was able to kill bears. now i cant even hit them. im shooting one bear at a time. like before. i could kill a bear easy. now i cant even hit them. there is no fog. how come i cant hit a bear with my arrows. im not being hit. im ranged. but no damage. did you guys change something? and why?

manufacturedsoul likes this.
  5. zellock431

zellock431 Avatar

6. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

7. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Yes I'm experiencing the same issue. Have over 100 ranged and cant hit the broad side of a barn. Fire right at an enemy in front of me doesn't miss doesn't hit like I didn't even shoot an arrow. Also see my arrow air zooms flying all over the place looks crazy. Something is SERIOUSLY bugged!! Fix ASAP please game is unplayable like this!

Chatele likes this.
  8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup ranged is completly broken atm.
    Really think they shoulda fixed it before holidays.. but yea not expecting a fix till monday at earliest.

9. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

The entire multiplayer code is broken, it's not just bow users that experience the very annoying lag/delay and sometimes desync.

Also, as soon someone with an crappy computer and/or crappy internet connection becomes the Master of the zone, everyone else in the same zone gets lag/delay and sometimes desync issues.

I for sure won't play in multi ever until this is fixed.

Chatele likes this.
  10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

All my new friends using bow these days are really frustrated with this new bug :(

We hope they can fix this asap.

11. Rational

Rational Avatar

I don't think this is related to sync issues. There is some sort of issue where ranged skills that use auto attacks (rapid fire and auto attacking) seem to switch targets (even when a specific target has been double click selected) and sometimes it switches to targets that are not damageable (either dead or not yet spawned). You can see the arrows fly into nothing - and there are exceptionally erratic patterns that the arrow sprites go in. On the higher graphical settings you can actually see the arrows fly through the air in ridiculous patterns - and this seems to correlate somewhat with whether the arrow actually hits or not - although it is not a perfect predictor of the end result.

MrBlight likes this.
  12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yea. I cant belive they didnt just revert the old update. Especially since it just went on sale.

13. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The issues tied to ranged mayyyyyyy be fixed as of the latest patch. Please verify. There may be other desync issues occurring we're still looking into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.