Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Words of Power: Timing/Sync Issue

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Sorthious, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

10/30/2017 4:58 PM

Blocker? No

Details: When casting a quick series of spells I noticed the Words of Power, and that the display of the words did not coincide with the casting of the spells. This happens when you cast spells back to back and the display can't keep up. Also, there appears to be a delay between Words, so, for a while after I'm done casting they are still being displayed. This is super annoying. Maybe removing the delay would fix this. Yes, you wouldn't get a chance to see some of them, but they wouldn't continue to clutter up the display long after you've finished casting.

Steps to Reproduce: Cast a series of spells as fast as you can.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 15990
    GPU: Gallium 0.4 on AMD POLARIS10 (DRM 3.9.0 / 4.10.0-37-generic, LLVM 4.0.0) GPU RAM: 8134
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.684.Date.10.29.17

Area: Challenge Dungeon 1
    Area Display Name: Chillblain's Compendium of Pain and Suffering
    Loc: (127.8, -5.1, 149.5)

Debug: Q2hhbGxlbmdlIER1bmdlb24gMXx8KDEyNy43NjcsIC01LjA2MSwgMTQ5LjQ5OSl8KDAsIDEsIDAsIC0wLjAxMyl8NTQxLjkyMzl8MjIuMDA3NDh8NS42NDAxMDc=

twofoldsilence and devilcult like this.
  2. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Is there a way to turn them off?

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Lexie and belijaal like this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

The disable sync is off by default. I'm assuming you have not disabled syncing (chat cog)
    Bug #: 52448, thank you
    @Sorthious

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

@Lexie , I did have it disabled. I also had Chat Bubbles disabled. Even after enabling both Chat Bubbles and Synchronization with Chat Bubbles the Words of Power still continue to be displayed unsynchronized with the actual casting of spells. The first spell cast is displayed at casting time, but any spells following the first are not and after a barrage of spells it takes a while for all the spells that were cast to be displayed. So, long after I stop casting I'm still getting spells displayed over-top my head. The spells display for like 5-6secs with a .5-1sec gap in-between each spell being displayed.

twofoldsilence likes this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Came here to report this but see there's already a thread - Yes, confirming same behaviour.
    It seems that the words will only display at some maximum speed over your head. If I'm in combat firing off many spells, long after I've finished combat and I'm sitting there skinning the things I've killed, the words are still cycling over my head sometimes continuing for 15-30 seconds after combat has finished. This text is interfering with the new "harvesting circle" which also is stuck above my head, and as such, is quite annoying. The words of power are a neat addition, but with this behaviour I'd prefer an option to just not see them at all rather than see the words of power sometimes nearly a full minute after I've actually cast them, depending on how long I was in combat. It seems it just 'stores up' the whole list of everything I did and feeds it back to me over the next while. In fact the entire time I've taken to type this I've watched words still going over my character's head from the combat I finished before tabbing here to write this! Its still going, actually.. Still going....

This is an example of what it looks like

[​IMG]

Sorthious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.