Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[]KnownTruth Path - unable to leave library

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Sep 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

9/2/2017 10:36 PM
    Title: Truth Path - unable to leave library
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Duh!
    Details:
    - After completing my mission in the library I was instructed to return to Hephaestus. My Journal had all of the proper entries (confirmed my guildmates who had already done the quest).
    - I know that there are two 'golden doorways' - one says 'a mysterious force field blocks yours way' - but the other one does not say that. In fact, it tells me I am "going."
    [​IMG]
    - However, it will not allow me to walk through.
    - I logged completely out of the game a couple of times trying to fix this.
    (NOTE: I had this issue a number of times while doing the maze, by the way. And if I managed to force my way through I ended up falling through the world and would eventually find myself back at the beginning in Artifice, but all of the doors I had been through were already open so I could just run back down to the maze.)
    - But now I'm at the end and cannot leave. :(
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - Not certain how this one could be repro'd. Not certain why I've been "lucky" enough to discover this one.

Edit #1:

lol - so, in desperation, I completely rebooted my machine.
    - came back in and faced the same situation.
    - I tried to "push" through - and discovered why it's not letting me through, lol - there's a freakin' wall behind the yellow door!! [See below]
    [​IMG]
    - Still doesn't help me get out of the library. :(

Edit #2:

- Finally! I tried to push through again, got back into the same spot as above.
    - I tried pushing through the "wall" on the left and after a bit I actually found myself in the hallway I needed to be in!
    - So I went to Hephaestus and had the all-important conversation that I needed to have with him. However . . .

- He "unlocks" the door so I can leave (another yellow door) - and that door would not work for me either! [But at this point, I can exit to menu and just start on the overland map, since I successfully completed all portions of this quest.]

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16298
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.656.Date.09.01.17
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ArtificeInterior
    Area Display Name: Halls of Artifice
    Loc: (278.5, -15.0, -167.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX0hpbGxzMDFfQXJ0aWZpY2VJbnRlcmlvcnx8KDI3OC41NDksIC0xNS4wMDEsIC0xNjcuNDcpfCgwLCAwLjcyOSwgMCwgLTAuNjg1KXwyNjYuNDY3MXwxMHwxMg==

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. This is a known issue we'll be fixing ASAP with an upcoming patch. We apologize for the inconvenience. The golden teleporter setup is a bit out-of-whack. Stepping into one will have you trigger the other. You can attempt to slowly move through them or even walk backwards through them to potentially allow yourself to escape the constant loop and enter the expected scene.

Raven Swiftbow likes this.
  3. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Ah, thank you for the work around - that may help others get through it a bit faster than I did!!

4. Daevin Aruth

Daevin Aruth Avatar

On a side note: I finished the three paths with the exception of the above issue of not being able to return from the library "After completing my mission in the library I was instructed to return to Hephaestus" I cannot go to the Oracle to begin the last quest.... as I believe until I can return to Hephaestus that the Oracle does not recognise that the quest is finished even when I have all three artifacts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.