Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Kobold expeditionary camp

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by istyrl, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

I fully understand the camp was a bit to easy to farm for death or fire mages as the agro was almost global for the entire camp. Appreciate the increase in level of archers and mages (most of them are yellow now). Though what i really do not understand is why the mobs now have almost no agro. You have to jump on each and every kobold now to get attacked, and even when you get them to attack they reset almost a few meters away from their spawning position. I do not see why anybody should go there now as you spend your time running after mobs that are reseting all the time...

Agro lowering may have been a bit exagerated ...

2. Father Grigori

Father Grigori Avatar

Agreed. It's even easier now despite the notes saying they made it harder. Upping the hit points of a few mobs does not make it harder imho. Before the patch the aggro range was insane (in a good way!) and the amount of archers and blink mages coming at you from the command post kept you on your toes. That's what made it hard - the unpredictability and having to think about how you picked stuff off without biting off more than you could chew. The place had some character and offered a challenge. Now with the low aggro and rubber banding of spawn if it gets 5 feet away from its spawn point makes it really dull and boring.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    FrostII, E n v y and Echondas like this.
  3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

it does seem some mobs are harder but without the agro you can limit it to a few .. making the over all thing easier and more repetitive.. the cost of half the server camping it I guess

4. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Are you guys talking about groups? They said it will be harder for groups, but the same for single player on the quest line. Maybe they think all single players are on the quest line?

5. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I imagine if you’re on the quest the entire zone is non-aggro much like how inside Shrek works for the end of the Courage chain.

6. Father Grigori

Father Grigori Avatar

I've tried both single player and in a group and in both modes it's a shadow of what it once was. I was with Markee Dragon and Shur earlier today and we cleared it out in no time. 3 of us.

I remember the first time we went there when it was added, about 8 of us got mobbed and nailed within 2 minutes. That was fun! Today's adventure to the camp wasn't challenging, and wasn't much fun.

FrostII likes this.
  7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It was actually really fun before, had to always stay aware of what was around you...........now its just dull and boring. :(

FrostII likes this.
  8. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

R.I.P. Kobold expeditionary camp :( *sniff*

FrostII likes this.
  9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The ping-ponging effect that's currently happening in the multiplayer version of the Kobold Expeditionary Camp is a bug. I just made some adjustments to the NPCs in in that scene which should allow them to chase you for a bit before they decide to go back home. This fix should go in with the next update, although I'm not sure when that is.

10. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

much better now, we do not have this huge agro we used to have before the release, but now kobolds have a similar agro than other zones (maybe a bit lower though still), prevents from farming the zones using zones skills like ring of fire or corpse explosion, but definitely better.@sannio, i would slightly) increase a bit the agro though, some mobs get blocked (elite mage in the western part of the first camp)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.