Kudos Port

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jschoice, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

It's been a while since I posted one of these threads, but while reading through the stand up notes it really hit me what an amazing job the devs are doing.

As a gamer we sometimes get caught up in things that make our hobby frustrating. Whether it is a very small developer like Port or a giant like Blizzard the forums are full of rants about how this patch or release broke the game. I guess that harsh and often unrealistic feedback is a hazard of being a game developer.

Getting back on topic, I have to make sure that I let the devs know I appreciate the hard work, dedication, and passion they have for this game. They are extremely responsible with the dollars we give them, whether it is through staff reductions or moving to a office that better meets the needs and smaller size.

A lot has been said by us about the amount of money we players, have spent on this game but in reality it is a mere drop in the bucket to what a AAA title has. And as we gamers know there are plenty AAA games that are horrible or have gone the way of vapor ware.

Port has delivered 57 straight release on time and with plenty of content with a budget and staff that is next to nothing. The depth of this game from deco to crafting to combat is pretty deep compared to many other multiplayer games. Despite the typical rants on forums which is nothing new to gaming, there is a solid community of friendly players that make the social side of the game awesome. Can you name many other games where a high level dev DJs at a community event or where RG is often found in game and interacts with people. That is extremely rare.

I, like everyone, wants more people to play this game. I wish I had an answer for how to get more money invested in the game, but the fact is the devs are kicking but with what they have. I also know that if it comes down to RG, SL, and CS being the last three standing they will make sure that we get all 5 episodes because that is the dedication and passion they have for not only the game but the community.

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Eloquently spoken.

3. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

The amount of flak these guys take would make the crew of a B-17 blush. @DarkStarr

4. Keldorn of the Vale

Keldorn of the Vale Avatar

As someone who has recently returned to this game I am in agreement. *Raises frothing mug of ale*

5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thank you for this amazingly lovely and grateful post.

This kind of gesture means the world to each and every member of the team and community.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I really liked the new water, that really looks much nicer. Had to leave after that, will watch the rest later tonight.

7. Hodekin

Hodekin Avatar

YUMMZZZ

majoria70 likes this.
  8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

+1, while I am not in agreement with the "how" and "what" things change, I generally agree with the "why", and believe the dev/product team is the best in the biz. Im deeply appreciative of all the work, passion, and sacrifice that goes into producing releases each month. Also the amount of content touched on each month seems over the top.

9. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Well i blaim them for giving me a game addiction.

10. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

This has to be the first game in my life that I have had so much fun in and it continues to keep me on my toes in terms of wanting to know what is to come.

A lot of the community have been immensely supportive and really made me feel welcome. Yes there have been a lot of hiccups and it has been a great journey with them, as we have rode the storms and had a blast as they come through.

Thanks to you all at Port for keeping it all interesting! <3

Jaesun, Ataniiq, Scanphor and 4 others like this.
  11. Floors

Floors Avatar

I love this game, It's really getting better, and I can't wait to see where it is in a year.

I know I'm a harsh critic at times, but it's only because I want this game to be the best that it can be.

Can't wait for fishing and more improvements ! Give us real magic Axes while you're at it that are ranged bludgeons !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.