Land Travels Part 4 - The Escape

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

They swam for two miles reaching the shore. Boris dragged Orta to the sand where she spat water. Razulah stood over them looking at the two.

"Well Captain are you going to resuscitate her in that special way you know?" He grinned at Boris who just looked at the woman who almost drowned.

"Every time I run into this banshee she gets me closer and closer to death. We get rid of her at the first town we find and judging by those lights it must be Aerie."

Orta was about to start up with one of her tirades about how important she was when Boris took off his shirt and ripped it into pieces which he used to bind her arms behind her and gag her.

"Razulah; keep an eye on her and keep her bound and gagged. I will ........"

The sudden familiar sound revealed the blue dragon Marak who landed right next to Boris. He must have been following them all along and looked at Boris who reached out to him smacking the side of his neck with his palm. Marak leaned in close and buried his neck under Boris' arm. The bond between dragon and man was close and strong. Boris took part of what was his shirt and scribbled a note.

The note was written in one short scribble with his own blood from the scratch that Orta caused and which had re-opened in Boris' battle with Temma. "Lady Catherine, we are close by your town and must re-supply. I send you my dragon and trust you will treat him well."

Boris tied the note to Marak's neck and sent him with one word "Dragomir".

The three walked towards Aerie in the cover of the night with a minor skirmish. It appeared that the Obsidians were not too happy with the demise of Temma and had launched a search party for Orta. They took the dark hooded robes from the three dead ebon cultists and continued onward as the first rays of the morning sun appeared on the horizon.

Rentier and Mac2 like this.
  2. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Sir Boris,

I have received a very welcome note from you tied to the neck of Marak, your blue dragon. I was concerned about you that mischief had befallen you since it had been so long since hearing from you. I am glad that has not been the case.

Some of my guards, pirates that protect Dragomir Mori, will begin right away to gather supplies for you and your mates. The supplies will be ready upon your arrival. In the meantime it is my pleasure to take care of Marak. He is, as always, a welcome guest in Dragomir Mori and will be treated as one of my own beloved family member.

When you do arrive please plan on taking a longer stay here so that your mates will have ample time to recover and rest from you recent skirmishes. I would also like to speak with you concerning a matter here in Dragomir Mori but that can wait until later. There will be plenty of food and wine upon you arrival as will any other provision you may request.

Until our next meeting I send you well wishes and look forward to seeing you face to face.

Duchess CatherineRose
    Governor of Dragomir Mori

Rentier, Mac2 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Boris Mondragon,

I met with my pirate guards and want to report to you that I expressed to them the following:

I received a note , tied to the neck of Boris Mondragon's blue dragon, stating he is going to be landing in Dragomir Mori soon to rest and pick up supplies for his continued effort to protect us all from the Obsidian Cabolist. I am sure some evil pirates will try to destroy this effort so I am asking that all of you be prepared to help in this battle as he approaches the shores of Dragomir Mori. The christening of our Pirate ship will most probably be attempted to be prevented as the evil Osidian Cabolist do not want the fleet of Boris Mondragon ships to increase. Be prepared all ye pirates to take orders from Boris Mondragon so that his goal is accomplished.

I, as governor of Dragomir Mori, challenge each of you pirates to stand by ready to defend and fight. Be vigilant and word will come to you soon as to the next step.

Duchess CatherineRose,

4. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris saw the outline of Marak as the sun rose over the horizon. That was not the only sight to behold that cool morning as an Obsidian warship was also visible not far offshore.

He looked over where Orta was tied to the coconut tree and knew they would come to rescue her and kill him and Razulah. He could not afford to call Marak any closer yet there was a strong bond between this man with the dragon blood and his dragon.

If only Marak could distract them long enough. The idea formed immediately in his mind. He would wait until nightfall and then set the event in motion. They moved inland and then Boris whistled his signal for Marak to come. He knew the Obsidian Ship would creep closer to the coast looking for a dock and he would lead them to Dragomir Mori or close to it.

Marak landed next to Boris and nudged Orta with his snout. It was hilarious for Boris and Razulah to see the woman pale in terror but she deserved a good scare as Marak would not hurt the woman unless Boris was in danger.

At the first sign of dusk Boris climbed the coconut tree and had a good view of the nearing ship. They traveled near the shore now so the Obsidians could see their movement. Closer and closer to Dragomir Mori until they could see the lights of the city ahead of them. Boris whispered to Marak to "entertain" the Obsidian warship as their first two longboars were lowered. It was all going according to plan for Boris.

He set a small fire and sat Orta down where she was visible with an eyeglass. Yet that was all they could see. The first longboat arrived onshore and six men landed on the moonlit beach. The men did not see two men behind them coming out of the water and a minute later all six obsidian henchmen were dead. The second boat arrived minutes later to see their dead shipmates but it was too late for them as well as they were also dispatched.

During this brief carnage on the beach, Marak swooped down on the Obsidian ship time and time again distracting the crewmembers and their captain without harming the ship. As the Obsidian crew ran for cover from Marak, Boris and Razulah loaded Orta on one of the longboards and slowly rowed towards the ship in the cover of darkness. A shout was heard from the crow's next.

Captain , one of the longboarts returns with the dark lady aboard.. That was the last message from the crows nest as Marak swooped down and took the watchman with him. A scream was heard as the man was dropped in the other direction from shore from a deadly height.

By the time the Obsidian Captain looked back from the ghastly event, a knife was at his throat and as the crew looksd on. Boris slit the throat of their captain.

Twenty men looked on to Boris and Razulah holding the dead obsidian captain by his hair.

"Two choices for ye, ye swim to shore or become dinner for my friend" Marak swooped down again towards the deck as those twenty men dived overboard towards the shore.

"You can have the longboats down below to take you back to your obsidian masters or row to Dragomir Mori and I might just let you be part of my crew".

"Razulah, raise the anchor. we go to Dragomir Mori".

The next morning sun showed an Obsidian Warship with Boris Mondragon at the helm docking in Dragomir. Marak flew ahead of ths ship and landed on the dock to avoid confusion as to whom steered his new ship.

5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My dear Boris, I just heard from some of your crew the facts of what has befallen you. It is with a thankful heart that only the Obsidian ship captain met his end by the blade of your knife.
    Please make your rest in Dragomir Mori for the next several weeks. You will find the rest will do all you good. I also would like you to join our citizens and other pirates from around the land in the naming and christening of Dragomir Mori's new ship. She will be able to join your effort in the next months to rid our land of the Obsidian Cabalist.

We have plenty of supplies at your disposal in order for you to ready the Obsidian Warship you laid claim to recently.

I must say, sir, that I have heard the rumors of the evil Cabalist wanting to fight to the death of these pirates so as to prevent the christening from taking place. However, we will be triumphant. Our pirates who come will find great merriment and dancing with joy at the failure of the Obsidian Cabalist as they meet their end.

Please , sir, plan on not taking leave until after the christening which is to be December 2, 3PM CST.

In great anticipation for what is to come,

Duchess CatherineRose

6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Boris, I just heard from my crew of pirates that we will be in Dragomir Mori well ahead of Dec 2 at the 3 PM hour. We are anticipating a fierce and severe battle as we have heard that the Obsidian Cabalist are coming full force to avenge the capture of one of their ships and the slitting of the throat of its Captain.

We will be bringing extra provisions and barrels of rum and will be ready.

7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris looked at Lady Catherine and smiled. He knew her hospitality was putting her city at risk knowing full well the date the moons would align properly for the Obsidian navy to embark on his pursuit and that of his captive Orta. He was impressed with her courage and commitment.

"My dear Lady Catherine, I am glad ye are aware of the pending attack. The Obsidians have scouts nearby who will soon report to their masters. Many will come to attack us here, reclaim their stolen ship and try to enslave us in the process. Many will die yet we will prevail somehow. The seashells have spoken and their omens tell this is but the beginning of a long war for Novian freedom and the start of a pirate coalition against those oppressors of our way of life.. We will pay no fee and we will bend no knee to anyone. The oracle shuns us, the obsidians hate us so between dark and light we walk the line to uphold our own code. Look around you milady. We are few at the moment yet with the will and courage of thousands. We will have no king yet we will stand united against all that try to end our way of life."

Boris saw the smile on Catherine's face and knew an alliance was formed with one common goal. He turned over to his partner in crime, Lieutenant Razulah.

"Brother, send out the black seagulls to all those we have met along our path and know us and what we stand for. Have them bring their ships and their able bodied seamen. It is time to gather a pirate fleet like this continent has never witnessed before.
    Let the Black sails unite for all Novian eternity"

He again turned to Lady Catherine: Milady, lets begin our preparations. I want land cannons mounted at the entrance of the harbor and well concealed. Lets sink the Obsidian fleet once it enters Dragomir waters. and before it reaches harbor. Need archers as well at all entry points to the city, We want to set up a crossfire upon them. Set ground traps for their land troops that survive. If we do all this then very few make it to the city entrance and we will overcome this battle. After that, we take the battle to their hidden port".

Boris opened up the city layout plans and studied them in detail. His training in the Old Brittannia naval academy was at work here. This battle would be carried out in a neat orderly military manner and victory would be theirs.

8. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Aye! Sir Boris, My Pirates and all of my citizens are ready to make our city ready in the manner you wish. The pirates have gathered together bringing the cannons into place at the entrance to the harbor. They are well hidden from the Obsidian army. I have chosen my best archers to guard all entry points and are ready with an abundance of arrows. The dreaded ground traps are in place for any Cabalist that may make it past the archers.
    I also have readied Pirates with blades in their hands. They are strong willed, single minded and have no fear of their ability to be masters of the Obsidian army that would dare set foot on Dragomir Mori land!

The night of their landing will not be a surprise to our Pirates or to our citizens. Any man, pirate or beast who comes onto my shores with malice in their eyes will be met with swift and unforgiving death.

This battle will be witnessed by all the land of Britannia in the naming and christening of her great Pirate ship. She will go out as the first ship of the land to carry the misson of ye, Sir Boris Mondragon, the most honerable and elegant pirate. Boris Mondragon with all the training of his past military experience will bring to into being. The evil Obsidian Cabalist will never prevail. They will NEVER, NEVER prevail!

I, Duchess CatherineRose, Governor of Dragomir Mori, have ordered this battle to take place and that no one shall go against this decree.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris was a bit overwhelmed with all the honors Lady Catherine had bestowed on him. Though a man of elegant attire and a gentlemanly demeanor he was also a fierce swordsman when the time called for it. He thanked lady Catherine and saw her going over defense plans with her officers. Nightfall arrived and he excused himself from the group. It was time to think and look into the future. He brought Razulah with him to say the incantations to the Sea Goddess and seek her wisdom.

The moon was full and Boris entered the water bare chested and with his swords raised up high. He kneeled in the ankle deep water and raised the swords toward the moon.

"I Boris Mondragon was born for this one purpose and moment in time. I will not stop this quest to rid this continent of the Cabalists until every one of them is beheaded and their bodies burnt. Sea Goddess shed your vision and power upon all of us here putting their lives on the line. Let us fight bravely and with honor. The freedom of every Novian citizen is at stake"

The water near the shore began to stir and a silver glow covered Boris. In that brief moment the attack was revealed and many died from both the pirate and obsidian ranks. What the outcome would be nobody knows yet at the end he saw his body covered with blood. He looked at the moon once more and bowed with respect. He turned to Razulah and whispered to him as a crowd had gathered to witness this preliminary event.

"Brother, I have seen the beginning of the battle and I may not live through the event. If I die during this battle please take my body to my home port Serenite and sprad my ashes where my ship was docked."

Razulah knew Boris had seen far more than he should have and this worried him yet the Captain and his Lieutenant took the omen seriously and prepared their weapons in silence next to the shore.

Mac2 and Rentier like this.
  10. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The sun's rays over Dragomir Mori were bright and a special electricity permeated through the air. Boris awoke with a smile on his face. This was going to be an epic day and the start of a revolution against the cabalists.

"Razulah are we ready? Did you prepare the wildfire oil as ordered?"

Razulah smiled form ear to ear, he knew the Captain had a special welcome for the cabalists and did not care much for the ship he stole from them. There would be others in the future if he survived and if not to hell with it.

"Captain, about your dream. It has me concerned about your safety. If you die what will happen to the movement?"

"Razulah, there is only one thing guaranteed from the moment we are born and that is that we are going to die. If I die here today it will have all been worthwhile and the movement will continue. Others will rise in my place and carry the torch. But enough of this topic, we have a battle to prepare for and I have seen their warships approaching. Lets give them something to think about and take back if any of them survive. Release Orta and tell her to swim to their flagship as soon as its visible. Once they attack our ship we have the archers from Catherine's ship set fire arrows on this ship and let the wildfire spread".

Boris saw the tears on Orta's eyes as she looked upon him for the last time and dove overboard towards the Obsidian Flagship. Then both he and Razulah dove overboard from the other side of the ship heading towards Catherine's ship. They arrived a few minutes later and climbed aboard.

"Catherine, get the archers ready. They are here and now it begins."

11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The wildfire erupted just as the Cabalists embarked the Obsidian warship Boris had stolen. The screams were heard in all corners of Dragomir Mori and that was the signal that this fight had begun.

'Pirates, this is our moment in Novian history, let the Obsidians remember the day they died in vain here in Draromir"

Cannonfire, arrows, blades, light and dark magic spells permeated the air and the grunts of fierce battles. Boris felt the first of three daggers enter his body as he was surrounded yet the fury within would not be contained until the last drop of blood would leave his body.

The Cabalists were crafty and brave yet their attack was thwarted by planning and precision on the battlefield. General Mac had employed a tactical plan that decided the battle as well as the prowess of such fierce pirates like Alezander John, Kor, Rada Torment, Luca Xante and others. The cabalist bodies were burned at the pyre to erase their foul essence from the coast of Dragomir. The celebration was about to begin and Boris approached Captain Catherine Rose with a smile on his face.

"Captain Rose, we fought and won a battle today. It could not have happened without the help of these fierce pirates and their eternal dream of freedom from all external rule. May the Black Sails live forever. I must return to Serenite to take care of some pressing business but I am sure this will only be the beginning of a strong pirate alliance Novia wide."

Boris bowed to Captain Rose and Razulah looked at him with pallid look. He could see Boris was bleeding out in front of him yet only he saw what was happening to his friend and Captain. He held Boris up before he would collapse in his arms and hurriedly casted a recall scroll to take him back to the ship.

Razulah grabbed his bag of herbs and began tending to the three stab wound which showed trails of poison. Boris looked at him and whispered.

"Set me out on the boat towards the open sea and the moonlight. It is up to the Sea Goddess to determine whether my mission here is done or not. If it is done then I must tell you it was a privilege to serve alongside of you my brother and to you I say "Fair Winds and Following Seas".

The End ????

CatherineRose and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.