Large Magical Bag

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Hemswal The Descended, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Super low priority idea but I've always liked the bags of holding in D&D. Not just because of how simple they made life but because I thought the idea was really neat.

A bag of holding equivalent would be useful and cool in sota. Make it an artifact that can be used in inventory or in a house. Maybe let it hold up to 300 items like a chest and have it reduce the weight of stored items by 25%.

2. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

300 seems like way too much. 30 would be pushing it honestly, but otherwise a nice addition.

3. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

You do realize a chest holds 300 items, right?

4. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

I like the weight reduction aspect. For a 'carrying' perspective, the 300 might be much, but thats for balance people to decide. Especially with the ability to carry multiple sets of gear and the weight as a result from that gear...

5. Curt

Curt Avatar

Make it a item you need to equip in a certain slot and give it a bonus on carry carry capacity

A basic one (tier 1) could give +10 carry capacity while the best one (tier 10) could give +100 carry capacity.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I like that idea. You only get the bonus if it's equipped.

Back/cloak slot would be a good spot to equip it.

7. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Correct, but they do not alter the weight of the held contents. Anything you put into a normal bag only helps organize it in your pack. This bag really should be limited in a way the player would want to place only their heaviest items inside rather than a 'must have' item for crafters. For something that lowers the weight of it's contents a 10 item limit sounds fair. For combatants, it means they will keep their alternate armors inside it. For crafters, it means they still have room to place gathered materials inside.

By 'Crafters' and 'Combatants', I mean whichever activity you are planning to do really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.