Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Launcher issues

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Scraps MacMutt, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

It looks like I've got 2 copies of the launcher running as I patch from build 495 to 497, and the 2nd launcher is now stuck while patching NPCs.unity3d. I was having a similar problem beginning with R34 where another copy of the launcher would spawn and the previous copy would stop responding, but I've never seen the launcher get stuck like this in mid-patch.

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
    i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30 GHz
    32 GB RAM
    Dual Monitors

Update: The 2nd launcher did finally finish the patch, however, the 1st launcher stopped responding and I had to force close it through Windows, which is the same problem I was having as of Release 34 where the launcher would launch the game but then become unresponsive and had to be force closed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

The NPC.Unity3d file took forever on my laptop, to the point I thought it had died, so I up and left it after a bit and suddenly it moved on and got on with it.

However, why you end up with 2 copies is very odd - extra bonus fake internet points for cute dogs :p

Forwarded for review 28/10/2016

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Mine stopped at the same place. I was getting nervous I would corrupt something if I forced it closed (as per the warning). It might be coincidence, but when I opened the options menu to poke around for a cure, the patch restarted as soon as I closed the options gump. I did not notice a second instance of the launcher, though.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.