Leon Ray - The World Famous Hobo

Discussion in 'Ink NPC Dialogue Composition' started by Leucian, Nov 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leucian

Leucian Avatar

First off, if you dont' know about Leon Ray.... read here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Ray_Livingston

Here is my script.. it features the game High/Low a dice game where its randomized, and if he wins he gets happy,and if you win he gets irritated.

Code:
    #Written by Leucian Demorte
    ->Hello
    =Hello
    {Coin<1 and Gamble<1:Well met! Could you spare or wager a coin for Ol' Leon Ray?}
    *[Give a Coin] Here is a coin.
    ->Coin
    *[Wager?]What do you mean by wager?
    I have me a set of bones right here in my pocket. We both throw the bones, and highest points takes the pot. ->Gamble
    +{Gamble>0}[Play High Points]Let's gamble Leon Ray.
    {HighPoints()}
    ->Hello
    +How's the fishing here?
    The lake is full of fish. I see many out here gambling on their lures. ->fishing
    +[Goodbye]
    Fair winds Avatar!
    ->END
    =fishing
    + What type of water is the lake?
    The Lake be normally fresh water, fittin for a mountain. But I see a strange statue that appears next to the docks, and then the water gets all salty or swampy. Strange magics if ya ask me. ->fishing
    + Where can i get fishing supplies?   
    Next to the dock, Jimi's Critters sells baits, poles, and even the gem'd lures for fishing in lava ->fishing
    + Lava Fishing?
    Ya, heard of as spot near the Sunless Barrens. Ya needs a special fishin' pole and lure though.->fishing
    +Tourney
    People gone crazy fishing, there even be tournaments world wide. Certain towns host it each week, and ya get prizes too.->fishing
    +Something Else ->Hello
    =Gamble
    Would you care to chance ya luck?
    +[Ante Up a Coin] Roll those dice
    {HighPoints()}->Hello
    +[Change Mind] Another time
    See ya around Smokey Joe's.->END
    =Coin
    Thank you Avatar, now a pint at Smokey Joe's is in my near future.
    ->Hello
    == function HighPoints
        ~temp NPCRoll=RANDOM(2,12)
        ~temp PCRoll=RANDOM(2,12)
        ~temp DiceResults=NPCRoll-PCRoll
        {
        - DiceResults==0:
              Fate be fickle by the gods, it be a tie! Seems we both be keeping our coin this time.
        - DiceResults<0:
                You took my coin! Did ya switch the bones? I threw {NPCRoll}, and ye beat me with ya lucky toss {PCRoll}
        - else:
                Huzzah, your squat throw of {PCRoll} didn't beat me throw of {NPCRoll}.  That coin will soon be a pint at Smokey Joe's!
        }

Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  2. Leucian

Leucian Avatar

If you want to play with him, he roams around town square in Haven Ridge.. As does Amalthea the housing advisor (at the new lucky lute in town square), and The Spirit of Crafting (crafting pavilion in town square)

3. Leucian

Leucian Avatar

I almost forgot Gaard Drul the white dragon at the portal ruins in haven ridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.