Leo's Awesome Artwork Post!

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Cordelayne, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Australis

Aurora Australis Avatar

I would really love to get on your list !! You're work is amazing :)
    I would love to know if you can make actual prints, as well as what you do for online .

Time Lord and Leostorm like this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

<3 For all the likes, thx guys.
    So heres another wacky one i just finished, and what better than a sig for @Mad Hatter :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

@Leostorm Hwow about a Alchemist/dj named Druid Galiwyn

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

@Leostorm
    I knew from the first time I saw your earlier work that you had exactly the "Style" and creativity that suits my different/unique style.

Thanks for capturing the spirit and characteristics. Very impressive work!!!! We will polish it complete together and have some tea for two!!!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  5. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

preview of what im currently working on :)

[​IMG]

Vyrin, Mata, Kara Brae and 7 others like this.
  6. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

I'm really loving it!!!

7. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Pulled an all nighter for this one :p
    Really happy with some new custom brushes i found for my backgrounds.

[​IMG]

8. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Thank you so much, it's beautiful!

Mata, Pebbles, Vrunk Hrrk and 5 others like this.
  9. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

beautiful artwork guys/gals simply stunning!

10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

@Leostorm I REALLY want to be able to put your stained glass pictures in my keep! :)

Leostorm, Poltergeist2 and Time Lord like this.
  11. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Avatar

Much thought and consideration between @Leostorm and I to put the combined forces together to come up with the ideal solution.

And also to preserve both artistic styles and retain authenticity.

Done to almost perfection (90% there) I give you our update:

[​IMG]

Thanks!!!

-MH

Cordelayne, Vyrin, Mata and 5 others like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I was looking forward to this in R40, did it make it in?

Cordelayne, Vyrin and Time Lord like this.
  13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Another amazing piece, nicely done Leostorm! Shared on social :).

Cordelayne, Leostorm and Time Lord like this.
  14. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

not totally sure myself havnt had to time to run to the painting vendor, i checked on QA wasnt in, mighta got looked over.
    Ether way I should have some more coming down the pipeline.

Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
  15. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

I agree this is GREAT! work!
    I too would love to find a way to see this in the game is some form.
    We would have to noodle on a "sustainable" method of vetting whose art is in/out.
    Perhaps something like the Poets of the Bard's Circle that helps vet music.
    We could have 10 pieces per month that would become part of an in game purchasable art bundle?
    With gold going to the 10?
    Just thinking out loud, "Don't lawyer me!"
    - LB

16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree. For impartiality I would suggest anyone with an ONBE would be most impartial, or possibly some sort of popular vote through pole within our forums to draw attention to the visuals. The idea that ingame gold would go to the artists would be a fantastic idea to fuel the venture and drive the art.

[​IMG]

"Who has another idea of how we can set this up?" o_O...
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Mad Hatter, Leostorm and Cordelayne like this.
  17. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Thank You Sir!

That sounds like a neat idea :)
    Currently I have been donating my art, with one in game so far, and have several others that should fit nicely with the theme.
    A bundle idea would be really nice, even if I got nothing from it :)

18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Sir @Leostorm ,

We all need to do some SOTA soul searching here. What our Lord British indicates is his wish for 10 per month. Do we have that much original art coming from out from our Art community each month? If we don't, I'm wondering how to best fill in that blank. I don't know how Lord British would feel, but currently, Leostorm, you seem to be a bit of a Lone Ranger within our SOTA Player Art. I'm sure others would or will come, but in the mean time, (idea) what about filling in with chosen Pics from our Release Picture Post? I see photos as art as well, "but with a priority of actual player art creations which is LB's request". In this way, the artists could begin their publishing of all there works that they wished to submit, then turn over the unfilled amount of artwork to the Release Pics. I just don't see being able to fill such a quota easily until more players show up. I mean, "that's 120 artworks in a year, which is allot of original art!".

Then there's the possibility of some art deficient person "like me", turning in a stickman as art which I don't think we need bother to place in our game,,, so there must be some sort of way to filter. I say this because I don't see yourself putting out 10 a month! That's a heavy load and what if you're not around or have nothing for the month? If there's nothing coming out to judge then such a need, needs encouragement through reminded example. It's problems as these which need to be overcome so we can get your artwork as not being seen as some sort of burden on your person from it's exclusiveness (ie. The ONBE sometimes take crap for having their awards). I want to see your works ingame, and we need to do something because that doorway is open. I just happen to have noticed our Release Pic count going down and thought it might help within this equation, encouraging it as well.

I think our game may have the need to rally up the artists we have that wish to enter their works into the game. If you know of them, or if anyone knows of them, it would be nice to gather a list and then gather ideas from the lot of them, "if there even are any others interested" o_O...

Sir @Berek ,
    Would you enquire to Lord British to the possibility of we players to fill in his request with Release Pics? ... and if not, then we do need more artists to fill his request. Maybe put some sort of call out on the most viewed page or official things calling for artists.

If anyone knows of any players who may wish to enter or fill Lord British's request, please let them know or provide their forums name so they can gather or be gathered.
    "Open the door and they will come"... Well, the door is open but we need to have some step through because they know the doorway is there, and we need to get this going so we can get Leostorm's works into our game as well as the others never being neglected.

Sir @Cordelayne ,
    You began this wonderful thread of Leostorm's works, "what do you think about the result of your thread, what's needing done and how we players can accomplish this?" :confused:

I will caution everyone with a bit of our forum's history,
    As Lord British points out the success of our Poet's Circle's endeavors for our music and poetry, so this trail has it's share thorns. The Poet's Circle withstood some outside ridicule for their own judging of music, as well did those who scribed our first books to place ingame. Expect it when it comes and never entangle with it, unless it's polite ridicule. The Teflon Coating of any new endeavor relies on such forethought of responses.

The Time Lord has said much here, but it's time to strike while the iron is hot and waiting is the finest of times to strike with the gathering of those who can accomplish this feat with Art's experienced finest that can be gathered. In saying so much, and being Art Work inept, I am no leader, but I do know when things need to gather, and that time is now.

[​IMG]

So please, somebody put some thoughts together here, because we love art. I just want to see this offer by our Lord British advanced for our great artists. If we need, I can contact some with experience in having done such things as this. I'd just rather see it come from the SOTA Art World itself before resorting to others.

Please anyone, feel very free to chime in and BTW, I don't need to be involved, but I'd like to see it begun.
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

My only reservation is in remembering the initial launch of the Scholars of Novia and the handful of people who made a huge stink over stuff like royalties and whatnot. In the end we couldn't just review and submit works that met criteria. We had to do it within the context of running contests where part of the prize was in-game publication. In many ways as a group we never did recover from that. Our work was delayed several weeks. We lost nearly all momentum right out of the gate due largely to the delays.. People left for various reasons, mostly because it wasn't what they thought it was going to be which couldn't really be helped at that point. And Portalarium lost any option of soliciting any kind of written work from the community. The whole thing in my opinion was simply unnecessary and unfortunate.

I'd hate to see the same thing happen to a new group with a similar task of vetting creative works to go into the game. I would love to see more community vetting of content that Portalarium can trust.. but let them be spared what happened to the Scholars.

Shadow and Time Lord like this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Bravery, Tact and grab the seize the opportunity with a light touch, but above all bravery. Maybe just let @Berek be the judge if all else fails, but it would do well to be a community effort before any need of that.

"The challenge is out there for the tactful"
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.