Let us activate non-combat utility glyphs from the Glyphs window

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vladamir Begemot, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

How often do you have to pull out a glyph and put it on your bar so you can cast it once, then replace it with the glyph that was there before?

Why not just click them from the glyph window, cast it, not mess with rearranging the bar for one cast?

I can see not letting that work for spells that you use during combat, so we don't just keep the glyph window open and have a giant bar now, but utility buffs, summoning pets, stuff like that, it would really make life a bit more quality.

2. Net

Net Avatar

Agreed! Always disappointed it does not work ,the system only cares whether I am at the right skill trainer instead of allowing me to cast the one off spell.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

How about more utility bars? a little up and down arrow on the utility bar so I can cycle through 1-3, one for adventuring, one for emotes and one for pets! hahaha

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes please. And emotes on the bar.

FrostII, Synergy Blaize and GrayFog like this.
  5. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Actually give us a few more hotbars/utility bars for ATLEAST the stuff like planting seeds (actually all agriculture skills, fishing etc.) and as said above emotes, pets and tons more.

No idea why we are being limited to still just 1 utility bar, you need so much more and swapping glyphs in the utility bar is just extremly annoying.
    I mean the Avatars in SotA are already "jack of all trades" anyway so why the heavy annoying limit with just 1 utility bar?

I want utility bars all over the place, on the left, bottom, top and on the right.

Even if the extra bars were disabled for casting combat spells/buffs they would be still useful.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Everything you said, except with only one location and I can click through them please. :)

GrayFog likes this.
  7. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Thank you to @Vladamir Begemot for posting the Original Post.

@GrayFog Your ideas are the IDEAL solution for me. (Especially as I migrated from UO)

I hope @DarkStarr takes note of your post & ideas in this thread & seriously considers pointing the Team in a new direction....

I get so frustrated adding extra glyphs/icons required "on the fly", when they are needed & messing up my preferred general set-up.
    I am a mouse user/clicker & would much prefer to have icons on the edges of my screen rather than tapping hotkeys.

I would love enough space on my non-combat utility bar (or supplementary extra bars) to put my :

• Favorite Greetings & Emotes. (Dedicated, always visible out of combat, SOCIAL BAR)
    • Recalls & Teleports, Music for fleet flute
    • Skills like Resurrection, Heals, Potions, Night Sight/Light etc.
    • Skills like gardening- watering, harvesting & seeds
    • Sheet Music for playing during downtimes.
    I hope that truly customizing the way WE prefer to play OUR game, becomes a reality, sooner rather than later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.