Let's talk about how streaming effects our game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Time Lord, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necronut

necronut Avatar

I said all the words I meant to say.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I was talking about your character's face, not the streamer's face. SotA makes it difficult to see anything of your character other than the back side.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yes, that would be the goal, to have the characters face be much more easily shot in close-up. We can't do that yet, so the next best thing to do in that regard is to have that effect happen with the RL face of the streamer. There's also no way to see the front of the character while moving the character forward, which is also a real drag :(

The back side of the character in film or theater presentation is the worst shot or view to show to the audience.

Since we only have the stage itself to carry the plot or action or while we stand in the grass talking, I think then it's much like they say in stage plays, "the stage becomes the most important actor", because we can only see the backside of the character.

[​IMG]
    ~TL~

Elwyn likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I was impressed with the style which Chris used in this latest stream... where the action was either prerecorded or streamed at the same time.
    Chris teamed up with streaming his commentary of subjects with Leylla Lightbringer playing the game in the background.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1193045353

I think this style of commentary stream had more impact in this way as opposed to Atos or whatever character standing around while delivering the personallity or info content.

[​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~

Xee and that_shawn_guy like this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Agree, it took me abit to realize that it was not him playing at first. but yeah, having someone playing in background well talking looks much better. @Chris

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.