Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Level Grinders ??? I know there are some out there What are you at, where, template?

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Weins201, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

60 Bludgeoner, Deep Ravenswood, Steam says 92 hours Game time total, THAT IS NOT ALL GRINDING THOW :)

2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I'm only level 29, hey, how can I check my hours on steam? I usually don't use it, unless I'm having loading problems... I play Blades, Great Sword w/ a locked deck, full augmented plate (I can't cast a heal if my life depended on it), all my durabilities have hit zero (don't think it has any effect ATM)...

I spend most of my time Gathering, Crafting, Decorating, talking to NPCs, checking out all the new stuff, I've been to every area of the map, have like 14k in gold...

3. Net

Net Avatar

53 mage, though sometimes I use poelarm (without putting skills in it) for grind. Deep Ravenswood and Vertas Pass are my secret.

4. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I'm only level 31. Hybrid archer/mage :eek: Yeah, South Ravenswood and Vertas Pass are where I have spent the most time leveling o_O

Sophi, Asclepius, Athanil and 2 others like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Currently I'm around 36-37...

I did have a chr that I had worked up to 63 but, you can never go back to experiencing what it's like to have a beginning chr unless you actually delete and have made a new one. So, this time around I wanted to lvl up a reasonable lvl in my chosen lvl'ing up area and then head out into the world and put to practice what I had learned from my chosen beginner's training area.

Currently, swards, shield and no magery...
    I'm happy to see others sharing their exp within the lvl'ing here, because it seems as though that those who have a personal lvl'ing challenge are not as bold to post their lvl publicly or share their exp with others. I do find that fact very disappointing as it's just a game and it is in testing, yet the shy will always be "the shy"... o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Asclepius, Athanil, Net and 2 others like this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thanks everyone for sharing your tips!!! I liked all of your postings because I am still trying to figure out combat. Doing the Welcome Quest is where the most of my time lies in the releases.

7. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

Level 46 here. Using bow and ranged spells (fire arrow, obsidian arrow, lightning). Camping out in Vertas Pass with a group has worked out pretty well so far. It gives you opportunity to test out against melee and ranged (archers and mages).

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Way to go Jynx! :rolleyes:

I had a few chances to see Carlin Archer doing all the tumbles and cool moves hunting and I have to say that archery and all the tumbling look amazingly brilliant in their design and unique play style!
    You Go You Wonderful Archery Minx You ;)!
    Though the ~TL~ is not much of a well studied archer, I must say that SotA style Archery with it's fantastic display's of skill and great challenge are very ~Time Lord~ Approved!' :D...

9. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Level 46 here. Double blades and leather armor. Only spells are healing touch which are required to keep self up and 2 ranks in ice fist for a combo chance. 5 Ranks in life power as well. Lately been spending time in Vertas Pass but have been moving into Deep Ravenwood. I also like to see how far I can get in the Challenge Dungeon alone with this build.

10. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

I grinded to level 51 in 3 days using bludgeons then later duel wielding polearms (spears) all in full plate. Also the same with Net, I did most all of it in Deep Ravenwood and Vertas Pass.

11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I've made it to level 60. I started with blades to the low fifties, then pole arms to 6o. I've switched to bludgeon in order to see how that works. I've manage to solo the challenge dungeon to the six liches level with pole arms. I plan to go back to see if I get any of them with bludgeons. I've worn plate armor through most. I have a strictly marshal build, except for maxing out innate resistances to the various schools of magic. I'm currently 61, 25, 25 on Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence.

Sophi, Asclepius, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  12. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Mage, 60. Bow..since a staff eats focus and i refuse to go melee!

Early levels where the hardest to do, so i use a trick. In Greymark Forest there are some shallow areas where you can move across the water that's there. Sadly for the elves that live there, they can't follow. So i kite them from a distance. Watch out for archers though!

Mid and later levels are easiest done at Vertas Pass. Make a group and go at it! Here is a tip, try using aoe when at Vertas Pass. The best spells for this are Earthquake and Deathfield. Those spells won't make you lose your target. Another spell should be Fire Fist with the ranged innate. It feels as if melee type spells do more damage to elves.

One more thing and then i'll shut up....stack your skills! Not only do they more damage/healing when stacked, but they also lower focus cost.

Sophi, Asclepius, Jynx and 6 others like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Having More fun with Blades... :)
    I'm at lvl 39 with this chr and am having allot of fun attempting to incorporate the tumbling and sprint in the light armor tree into my sward fighting.
    I had seen many archer's doing it, but had never tried it with the sward... very fun tactics! ... :D

14. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Up to level 41 now, after spending some time in The Challenge Dungeon and Vertas Pass with some of my fellow Bear Tavern Guild members earlier this afternoon o_O Hmm...perhaps I should incorporate some of that tumbling and sprinting into my fighting style as well (especially since I maxed out those skills) :rolleyes: I still spend too much time standing still :( Perhaps when I reenter the game later this evening. Back to my writing for now...;)

15. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

35 2h blades with low level combat skills but lots in strength and health. grinding kobold camp for exp and free weapon rack loot, and vertas pass, but im about to respec as mage and try that out... have a feeling i will be respawning a lot more hehe

16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You will NOT be able to survive the liches solo , sorry, you get ganged up on and even decked out with bludgeons and heavy you don't stand a chance. Have done it with 3 Dexers and one healing, MANY, MANY deaths but have been able to pick them off :)

Asclepius and Time Lord like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

On your steam page it should just say in the block with SOtA in it Hours?

Asclepius and Time Lord like this.
  18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I've slaughtered enough elves to reach level 57, I'm not sure why they keep attacking me. I can take on a whole company by myself at this point, just you wait till I find a better two handed sword you elvish louts!

19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Playing around with all different skills and magics but finally reached 61 :( Takes ALOT, AALLOOTT of experience points to go up at this level ;););)

Net, Jynx, Asclepius and 1 other person like this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Wowww Weins201 61!!! Now there's a challenging number!!! :eek: Takes quite a bit getting there for sure! I myself am only around lvl 46 with this chr...
    Congrats, Kudos and hardy Arrgg for that one!

Net, Jynx and Asclepius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.