LFG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Nov 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LFG has been pretty empty lately. Anyone know why?

2. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

Double XP has ended, that's probably the biggest reason. Also, many people have switched to private parties to keep AFK and bot people out :(

Barugon and Anpu like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

XP wasn't always doubled though, and LFG used to have a lot more groups.

FrostII, FBohler and tomcat_de like this.
  4. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

That is true and I'm also sad about that. The other arguments still hold true, sadly. Some AFK people in Control Point / Airship groups, some people join a party with one or more alts that are clearly controlled by scripts/macros, stuff like that.
    As long as we are ill-equipped to deal with those people, many parties will remain private. But I also wish people created more "trivial" parties, like "let's explore new scene X together", and not only the high XP stuff that attracts the dubious crowd described above.
    In the long run, I'm hoping we'll get features like "Only show this LFG party to people on my friend list" or "ban people from party and prevent them to simply get back in" @Chris .

Cordelayne, Sarek, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I've noticed many times people leaching in CPs.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  6. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

They need to add difficulty scaling to all zones under t5. So we vets or whatever, have a good reason to check out all the new changes they have done to the lower tier zones, other than a recipe or emote or finish up an old quest. My 2c

Sethlee, FrostII, Illesac and 2 others like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Spotted a LFG doing Suutak! We killed it many times and got maybe three recipes (two for sure). I didn't get one. :( Probably be a very long time before I see another group doing it.

8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Reason is simple:
    Smallest server population ever.

Most towns are empty most of the time, so the "double XP gone" reasoning doesn't apply.

PvP scenes are mostly empty as well. Sometimes I happen to cross paths with players in The Fall, but 7 out of 10 visits I farm the cultists without being disturbed by an attacker.

For solo farming, I go to Spindelskog Hard, scene in which most of the top level players could farm decent XP with low risk of getting killed. I seldom bump another player there.

Yes, some players prefer private instances, but the overall emptiness of the game in every aspect is undeniable.

One of the root causes for this may be the exodus to NW.

Vaiden Luro, Cordelayne and Barugon like this.
  9. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Control points used to be where it was at for XP as well, and they take a group. Now solo XP is often as good or better than "pickup group" control point XP.

Anpu, Barugon and Sarek like this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Plus, you get to keep all the loot. It's cool they're finally adding group content like Aldur and Jotungrund for those that want it, but it's not going to become a thing until multi-looting is implemented. I mean, I don't like grouping at all, but I probably would do it more often if it didn't mean getting a fraction of the loot.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I don't know how it's possible to know who's playing. I come in to the game most days and have no intention of leaving. I still have a subscription. I love so many of the subscriber items we've been getting. Putting ALL the focus on grouping isn't necessary imo. I still want soloable places to explore and adventure in as well. Don't force this game one way. It should allow many types of playstyles. Many love to have lots of options for playing this game. I don't always want to group and socialize. I want that choice. I always see players playing. I have a big friends list.

Give us lots of exploration to discover unusual, unique, and surprises. Also quests, dailies, tasks and an in game achievement system.

Also we do need a good treasure hunting system, and boating and these systems should be interesting, in depth detailed that dont require a group or can have a group. Choices, choices, choices to play the way we like for a given moment. Create it and they will come. This game is like a virtual home. None other does that part so well.

Those loner players are people too. The game needs to cater to many types of players. Being forced into a set way is not the answer.

It would be nice to have a heat map or as always if one just must know someone's out there. But also you can do a fun role call in chat. *cheers* fellow players. We will survive the masses.

Lfg needs more work but is an important option in a game that needs a lot of options. Dont forget or get stuck forcing away anyone.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Cordelayne, Xee, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This.

Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It's time for... :( Time Lord Confessonals :p

[​IMG]

TL's RL has been extremely immersion breaking so I haven't even been logging in for a while other than to buy stuff because @Tirrag & @StarLord keep reminding me of all the cool SOTA-Pixel-Crack on sale.

Here, let me explain some so I can break your immersion along with my own down a seemingly endless pit of long distance and wrong distance communication line of despair o_O...
    (US Taxes with an international business portfolio which is right side up in a bottom side down market in need of some serious laxitive while moving into a new rent house till the old house gets demolished so the new house can be built while learning to ask "What keeps this roof from falling down?" to the Thai-architect who doesn't speak a word of English but smiles allot when you pour enough Hong-Thong-Rum into him)
    :D~TL~

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Cordelayne likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's a dumb question: how do I activate the teleporters and which one is for hard?

FBohler likes this.
  15. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Stand on it, they are throughout the zone

FBohler likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did that. Nothing happens.

17. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

On all of them?

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

NM, figured it out.

[edit] If anyone cares to know, the teleporter to hard mode is in the lower right corner of the map. The exact opposite of the entrance.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    FrostII and FBohler like this.
  19. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Agree 100%. I do group once in a while, but I solo 98% of the time because of work in RL interrupts my play always so I am in and out like a hot potato and grouping that just dont work with most the time. I do think group stuff though for bigger rewards is cool. the Giant is worth the fight. as to the loot stuff I dont know on the idea of giving all loot from a kill. The economy would change completely and values of things would decrease. I like that some things are extremely rare as they should be. look forward to the relic stuff and what it will bring.

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, it'd be everybody gets a loot roll. Rare stuff would stay rare. A little less rare, certainly, but still rare. Things that were supposed to be extremely rare drops in group fights could be adjusted to drop less, given there'd be a lot more rolls. Overall, though, I think that stuff being a little more common is less of a detriment to the game than only getting ~one roll per hour when grouping up to take on a boss.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.