LFG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Nov 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelique DeVailly

Angelique DeVailly Avatar

Isn't the question why be in a random group?
    For me if i want to be in a group i ask a few friends i know can be useful in such scene and get it done. Often random groups you have people just trying to out dps others, dont heal or rez, or are there just for the xp and contribute too little. Some wander off not sure what to do, its often a mess. Its usually much easier to do alone.
    CP's are boring fast, and also there's a lot of players who prefer crafting fishing selling stuff, decoing and so forth. People who do groups usually tell players to join and how to do so but, i don't think people want to group if they don't have to.

Just my opinion

2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i think there have been some really good ideas in this thread. pinging @Elgarion in case he hasnt seen this one.

i was also thinking if there was a way to allow group request pushes. going along with the idea of better defining what a group is for, as a player we could set what types of groups we are interested in and when a group is created it will pop up a dialog on our screen that lets us know a group has been formed that matches what we set.

FrostII, Colgarra and FBohler like this.
  3. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

It's the economy stupid. SOTA could have been huge if the Developers had focused on ensuring property ownership and rare items held value and were obtainable with long hours of grinding or purchased with cash. A lack of respect for player time and effort resulted in a significant (nearly all) of the player base leaving to games with Developers who understand the essential concept of investment (Time and/or Money) and a return on investment.

Property ownership must enable passive forms of gaining assets which would make property valuable. Rare items and collectables must stay rare and collectible otherwise they have no worth.

You can't have group and PVP content without a healthy player base.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

There have been some great suggestions here related to the LFG scenario and tool...and the game is very close to being a REALLY GREAT game. Having said that, it needs more players. All gaming companies are struggling to keep players because there is this huge disconnect between what different generations of gamers want. I have never seen the teenagers I happen to be around alot say they want to play any of the old style games. Vise Versa all of the games they play seem like FPS clones over and over and that absolutely disgusts me.

The facts are if you ask 100 different people what they think the game would need to be successful or garner new players, you will get 100 different answers. Even Atos said this himself and he is 100% correct. The things I want are not going to be the things other players want. There is a huge difference in a 20+ year experienced gamer and a 1-2+ year gamer. I would bet money if SOTA could get about 20 million in magical money to use to advertise the game across a massive media platform like Netflix, Amazon or something like that for about 3 months..I bet the game would explode....

There is no world where someone can tell me that Fortnite is a "better" game than SOTA. But all the players (AKA SHEEP) that play it, tell me differently.

It's no wonder these game makers are completely confused about what players want in a game.

5. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You are missing the point, Fortnite is a vastly better game. Fortnite rewards the player substantially and continually. I don't play Fortnight, I have tested a few matches to understand why it's successful. The reward is beating everyone else in a full match. Rare skins can be obtained that are very valuable.

Fortnite is a perfect example of simple yet engaging game play design with a tightly integrated reward system and obtainable rare items with value. That being said comparing SOTA and Fortnite or New World isn't valid. Similar to comparing a wheel barrel to a Tesla Model S. They both have wheels, but nothing else is similar.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lfg does not have to be just one type of group. There could be a group created to play music together or to teach players how to sync songs and use our music system. There could be a crafting group created to learn or take advantage of group crafting xp. Many more options to creating a group for new and existing players.

Looking for group as mentioned does need it's own icon. It is too hidden. It is also not set up with enough options to explain the group that is being created.

Whether the game followed a correct path or not is in the past. The question is given what the game has at this point and where can that be taken to improve upon it? Completing unfinished systems has always been an issue. Full featured, interesting, detailed systems instead of incomplete was missed so often. So while there were more devs and more funding coming in would have been a great time to do so many things better but now we work with what we have and get things done as is possible. It's much better since at least some have not given up yet and the game is still being worked on as many are not. So there's always hope.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    FrostII and Tirrag like this.
  7. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

I guess I am obviously missing the point with Fortnite. Go figure...

8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Is this a thing? What am I missing?

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Perhaps someone can answer. @Elgarion. I know there have been crafting group events I have been invited to.

10. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I'd see parties of half or better, and remainder, back in the day. Half or better were in a scene to gain adventure XPs, the remainder would skin all the kills, mine, etc. to gain producer XPs. The old Deep Ravenswood was the prime place. As was old Ulfheim when it appeared, as well.

I saw one the other day where a single player was asking for such a deal.

11. Colgarra

Colgarra Avatar

Agree completely !

FBohler and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.