Liberty

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Prince Guni, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

LIBERTY​
    a free metropolis under the protection of Anshe Chung​

Far traveled indeed you seem. How many lands torn apart by chaos have you crossed? How many towns have you seen where citizens have been turned into slaves of despotism and tyranny? Or might you be one of those who believed to be a land owner only to see himself forced into exile by a mad lord or guild council running havoc on a power trip? Maybe not. Maybe you are coming from a place that fell dormant and into a state of decay due to neglect or absence of its otherwise adorable ruler. No matter what brought you here, do not despair no more.

Liberty will be a sparkling metropolis based first and before all else on the right of each of its citizens to own his or her land. Not rent or lease or borrow, but own. This lifetime right is bestowed by the legendary Lady Anshe herself and her company on each inlander or outlander, human or elf, man or woman, royalty or commoner who proves himself worthy once with a contribution to the city through lot purchase.

Continue reading here...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Dear fellow avatars,

I am excited to invite you to join our first city project in SotA. It is still very early on in the process and many details are deliberately left open as to give those who join early the opportunity to make suggestions. A few general things are pretty clear already though:

o Liberty will be a vast metropolis. For now we assume that the city itself will be one large zone but if lag or avatar visibility (instancing) becomes an issue we may split it into two or more smaller zones.

o Location of the map will be central, ideally close to Brittany and land travel routes.

o The city will be seaside with a major harbor. Determined by demand we plan to add islands with smaller settlements and link those by boat route to the harbor in Liberty.

o On the land side we envision a range of hills where we may later add small settlements as well.

o We already stocked up on deeds and pledges and the metropolis alone contains 15 NPC buildings. There will definitely be AAA quality facilities for all daily needs, especially when it comes to shopping and crafting. It will also become a center of our own supply routes and services. Some NPC buildings we would like to reserve for creating unique points of interest. I don't know if Portalarium would allow us to have a brothel though :D Maybe we will have to settle for an asylum or an adventurers' academy instead ;)

o In any case, there will be lots of cats :D

o I would love to add NPC dialog or even quests or let our artists create custom artwork or terrain for Liberty. I am also going to play the game myself and think this could be fun. As of now we don't know yet what exactly Portalarium will let us do though.

o There will be roleplay in the city that you can join or ignore: Among the founders of Liberty there are proponents of the often conflicting values of Freedom, Tolerance, Honesty, Prosperity and Balance. But do they know what other groups and values might be at work in this vast metropolis? Are they aware of your agenda yet?

o A city council (mostly for roleplay purposes and events) will be elected by lot owners with voting rights based on ownership per sqm. My role as the "prince" *smirks* will be to look handsome and ensure that no land owner who does not want to be bothered gets bothered by the politicians :)

Happy to hear your questions or thoughts :)

Prince Guni

monxter, Mata, Bajan Grace and 4 others like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

3. Mata

Mata Avatar

Congratulation! :)

I will come visit Liberty.

4. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

We will have a lot of PvP action and PvP training in release 8. Everyone is welcome to join, people who consider settling in Liberty and others as well. We explicitly welcome people new to PvP to join too. We will have skirmishes and team vs team battles and really plan to get to the ground figuring out all those skills, powers and different ways of building combat teams. Just post here or message me if interested.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.