Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lich changes in other areas

Discussion in 'Release 74 Feedback' started by Cirsee, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yup let's figure out where they all got more powerful, especially that fella on top of Tower of Shuttered Eye.

I've noticed there's a higher level version of a Lich Fighter that's simply just called Lich. It was the same power level as the ones in older (and oldest) Upper Tears versions. They're still in Mysterious swamp on left side of main entrance. Those one's called Lich (though UT ones were nerfed loot wise when older version came out) still have chest type loot, similar to a troll I guess.

Loot is definitely on the radar for 2020.

2. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Not sure if my memory serves, and cant test as i have the quest already flagged.

Details of the end of path of love quest in the feedback

But is not the final area of the Love quest in Malice a Lich of some kind.
    That could be a problem, as I think that is a private instance (no grouping), and if that means a player has to stop grind 20 or so levels to be able to complete the quest then that is probably wrong. You do have Samuel, which may make this not an issue, as i said not able to test and my memory could be wrong, as can't go to the quest instance of Malice anymore.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    Arya Stoneheart and Numa like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think the actual intended purpose of the various overland encounters is possibly getting neglected. Or not even being evaluated at all.

If anything, I can only hope the team can take a step back, and start with the intended purpose and balance of these scenes. And evaluate that.

Numa likes this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

At the rate this is going, we might have to include anti-lich tips in the player's manual. Too bad that the anti-undead mace in a beginner's quest can't be masterworked ,enchanted or enhanced in any way

5. Numa

Numa Avatar

Moved closer or moved further?

Or is it like Chaotic Step which is completely random?

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Having been here for over 5yrs now, I'm trying to remember what the "actual intended purpose" of overland encounters is/was .
    What was/is it, @Anpu ?

Cordelayne, Anpu and Barugon like this.
  7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

They are definitely tougher. My main character was able to take them but then again I'm level 110 :D

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Incidentally, i just picked up the death warding skill under the Life tree. Like Vlad said, it has no other skill dependencies despite being high up the tree

How do you level up the wards again? Actually tried burning myself in the fireplace if the Ardoris dock tavern to level up my fire ward (to no avail).

signed,

Confused

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

despite the lack of required skill, you do have to use a skill from the tree to level it. in this case healing touch will work.

Numa and Anpu like this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do note: If you are going to train the Death Warding skill, you do not want to train anything in the Death Tree, because the warding skill will lower all the skills in there because of the Death Attunement penalty.

Numa likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not true. If you have say 80 death warding and 0 death skills then that's effectively 40 resistance. If you have 80 death warding and ten death skills trained to 80 then that's effectively 80 resistance.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.