Link utility bar to Combat deck management

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I'm sure lots of folks have requested some variant of this over the years but thought I'd bring it up anyway. Mostly this comes about due to fishing, but could be used for other things as well.

Current deck management is basically a named set of wearable equipment + combat hotbar setup.

I would propose that you simply add the utility bar to that existing system. Basically when we change decks, we change equipment, combat bar, AND utility bar options. Then we could... for example, have a fishing setup... with our super fishing outfit, and utility bar options with all the baits in slots. When we're done fishing, we then switch to our adventuring setup on demand, and go back to slaying mons.

This would make it easier to run different styles... I currently run a few setups: Ranger deck, Ranger Group, and Blunt. Mostly I work them the same (same set of passives), but I could imaging someone having a Healer setup vs Attack setup, and wanting a completely different set of options for those in their utility bar.

cheers

2. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I think it's a good idea. It has been mentioned before, but, as you said, it's more relevant than ever.

I would add the additional suggestion of making the linking optional just as equipment is now so that you could have several decks that don't change the utility bar (and to save a lot of effort).

3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

We could also have a setup where we simply remove a shield and equip a torch. Or if you like, simply equip the fishing pole, rather than having an entire fishing outfit.

Although it seems an overly complicated way of doing that kind of thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.