Linking Public Vendor Globally for Searches

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Mingo Ebonmark, Aug 27, 2018.

?

Would you like to be able to search for items on other public vendors from the one you are at?

1. Yes - let me search for items listed on all public vendors from the one I am using.

27 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. No - I like the public vendor system as it is.

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

UO has a vendor search, last time I played that it was AWESOME! If UO didnt give me migraines i would STILL be playing it! Vendor search didnt make it so you didnt have to GO there, just let you know that, indeed, the item you WANT is for sale, where it is and how much the vendor wants for it! Best thing ever!
    Witcheypoo

p.s. also kept a LOT of folks from being cut throats, prices were about average and you could SEE how to price things fairly!

Ebonmark and Synergy Blaize like this.
  2. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

I would prefer it to be local-based. Where the grouped vendors would only show Brittany area; etc for public vendors.

Cirsee likes this.
  3. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

So I can see the point of a central vendor search issues and I have more of an issue with central vendor that then mails me my purchase. The game should be explored including all those POTs. Maybe we do a kind of partial search feature tied to region. Something like Desolis for all public Vendors in Grumvald region and Ardoris for Paladis. Then for the POTs could each have a search for vendors in there region from their towns. Or perhaps we give POTs the option to do both. However, you still have to travel to the vendor to make the purchase. This would require some unique identifier for vendors or/and some finding coordinate system?

4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I would like this a lot. I dont even mind to pay for the item and then going to the POT/Town to pickup my bought item. This would at least not make the POT/Towns ghost towns as player will still need to pickup the item from there.

Ebonmark likes this.
  5. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

A website or mobile phone app for searching public vendors would be handy. This wouldn't affect game performance, but the developers would have to create some kind of information connection between the game and the app, which might be problematic.

Public vendors are underutilized, which is a shame because they're such a good idea.

Feeyo likes this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

If they could add that info to the rest API that would be great. Then I could create a parser to put our guild town its vendor items on our website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.