Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Linux" Issues - Work-a-round discovered

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Bluefire, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

User specs: 32 bit and 64 bit SotA Linux client
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 255 Processor (2) System RAM: 12015
    GPU: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.32.426.Date.06.02.16

Work-a-round: Use the 32 bit version of the game on your 64 bit Linux system. 'Shroud of the Avatar.x86' More information here.

This pertains to the following bugs:
    1. Avatars walk in place when idle.
    2. The client may crash if you die with a light spell active. This happens regardless of light. User must keep a direction key held down or mouse to continue walking after death or they will spin into "space" as a ghost.
    3. Equiping coconuts in a scene (not overworld map) results in loss of spatial adherence (avatar spins off into space).

This does not help with the following bugs:
    1. Malformed NPC bug.
    2. CTD also occurs rarely when exiting a scene. Only had one crash tonight when exiting a scene. Traveled to 5 scenes including towns and adventuring areas. (Not Linux exclusive)

Also, I noted that Britanny cannot be loaded using the 32 bit version of the game. The client crashes while loading into the scene during "Equipping Avatars" at 64% repeatedly. Is there anyone using a Windows 32 bit client that can attempt this and let us know if the same is happening?

Memory consumption by SotA remained near 2GiB while playing. This is much lower than when using the 64-bit client.

I have tested this for several hours with great success, except for no Britanny.

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

hmm. this gets me

Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libXrandr.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

even though it's sitting happily in /usr/lib. any idea where the game expects to find it?

3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I'm not sure what distro you're on, but the most likely explanation is that you have the 64-bit version of the library but not the 32-bit one. How you install 64 and 32-bit side by side varies from distro to distro.

4. Alley Oop

ah, yes! easy fix, but the 32-bit binary now fails at importing game controller configs.

5. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

did you verify you have all the libraries? Check the thread I referenced in OP for more details. I am working with the steam installed version of the client which is reportedly working better than the direct downloads.

6. Alley Oop

all accounted for, as well as the 32-bit pulseaudio libs (which i had been missing). no change. i am not willing to link my account to steam, but the 64-bit bugs are only annoying for me.

7. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Can't blame you there! I just hope the feedback helps get the issue resolved sooner than after final wipe.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.