Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Linux map when?

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I see, in this release, that there are a lot of map changes. When will Linux get an in-game map so that we can enjoy these changes too?

2. Rok Yrikk

Rok Yrikk Developer Emeritus

I am a Linux user as well, so I would really like this feature too. The JIRA for Linux map support has been pushed to R51.

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I don't really use the maps, but it would be nice to know that they are available if I ever do. Linux user here as well!

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

They are available, the website works fine.

5. gunnar_g

gunnar_g Avatar

The website works fine. But the map functionality in game does not. Fun job to find somebody specific in a town. The markers on the compass help a bit, but most of these marker are useless since even after you finished a task they keep glowing.
    So yes map functionality for linux is needed.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Looking forward to the Linux Map in the game.

Sure, the website works fine. However I agree with @gunnar_g. It's not the same.

Other RPG games I've played have maps available or auto mapped by the character during game play. Pretty common :)

I also noticed the glowing markers on my compass after a task is completed. I figured that will get fixed eventually. I understood it was jira'd already :-D

gunnar_g and twofoldsilence like this.
  7. gunnar_g

gunnar_g Avatar

Just as a clarification. I spent hours in Bloodriver Outskirts. I found these monkey automatons that said "return to Gus in Bloodriver outskirts". Try to find Gus if you don't have a map of the surroundings and thus no knowledge of where you have already been.
    I found him by looking at a walk through and looking at the surroundings. Clearly a map that gets filled in when you pass would make life so much easier.
    I had the same problem in Highvale outskirts looking for the alternate entrance of the kobold mine. The compass said I was going in the right direction, but the mountains were in the way ;-)

@rok-yrikk
    I read somewhere in the forum that it's actually a chrome plugin that does not compile? Is there something people can help with?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Gia2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.