Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Linux/OpenGL/AMDGPU-Mesa] Issues with Z-Fighting on paintings in player housing.

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by AoiBlue, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I noticed some paintings in player housing are creating minor Z-fighting, clipping partially through walls.

The fix for this is pretty universal, move the virtual canvas in the painting models just a tiny bit further from the wall.

As a note, I am using the AMDGPU-Mesa drivers 18.3.x. They are now superior in almost all features to the AMDGPU-Pro drivers (only hitting this point at 18.2.0 back in September 2018.)

Here is an image. By mild z-fighting I mean it only flickers when moving the camera.
    [​IMG]
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/ruediix/screenshot/952975060646896932

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Bug Brigade - Bug Hunter

As per the instructions at the top of this page it will be easier for the devs to investigate if you included the /bug info.

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

@AoiBlue Nice find and thanks for reporting it. FYI - there are a few slash commands in game that help with bug reporting.
    FYI - With this particular bug - having the location information would be very helpful for the devs and help in getting the bug fixed.

/locdata
    /loctrack
    /debug
    /bug

(still hopeful that /? and /help will be implemented -- I think LB JIRA'd that about 2 years ago almost when i suggested it. Would be very helpful for new players or forgetful ones like me!)

4. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I'll grab that next time I play. It was in a player housing, but I've seen it on almost every instance of this particular painting, including some in NPC buildings. I'll post it next time I find one.

Echondas likes this.
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

@AoiBlue I think this might be specific to your system or perhaps the Linux build --- I'm not seeing it on my system.

[​IMG]

01/10/2019 17:45
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.892.Date.01.08.19
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01_template/Bladewyke
    Area Display Name: Bladewyke
    Loc: (307.4, 37.3, 392.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJsYWRld3lrZXwoMzA3LjM2MSwgMzcuMzQyLCAzOTIuNjEyKXwoMCwgMC4wMzEsIDAsIC0xKXwzNTYuOTI3MXwzLjU1MTIzMXww

6. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

It only occurs when placed on the stone wall from what I found, and only when looking at it from certain angles.

It must be due to the UV map of the stone wall having an offset that pulls it through the picture.

Echondas likes this.
  7. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

As a note, I'm still looking for an NPC building with it built in. My player inn room doesn't have the right wall type to trigger the bug and I don't want to count on the player in question keeping the room in question the same.

Echondas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.