Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Linux + Steam - Need some help here.

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Turellium, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turellium

Turellium Avatar

I did try Ubuntu 16 ran it in STEAM and had a black screen and then it just froze up after 10 seconds or so.

Then I tried 12.04 64-bit Ubuntu in STEAM and it seemed to want to launch but then quickly just flashed a black screen and then shut down.

Then I tried the stand alone in Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, I got it to launch but then it shut down after 4/7 on update launcher. BEST TRY SO FAR

Then I tried 12.04 32-bit Ubuntu in STEAM and it seemed to want to launch but then quickly just flashed a black screen and then shut down again.

Currently trying the stand alone on Ubuntu 16 MATE. I downloaded two files so far. 1. shroud-of-the*avatar-launcher_1.0.0_amd64.deb and 2. latestPatcherLinux.tar.gz

I installed the 1. shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher_1.0.0_amd64.deb and then I ran it, it went to 4/7 and then the whole screen booted me back to my desktop log in screen. I logged back in and it got up to 3/7 and says 426% and then hangs there.

My question is what do I do next? Do I install 2. latestPatcherLinux.tar.gz now? How do I install that?

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Have you checked to make sure your drivers are up-to-date?

We're currently aware of issues with the Linux client, which we are working on as quickly as we can.

strabo likes this.
  3. Archer

Archer Avatar

This problem is usually caused by the installer trying to run its self-update. You need to add a switch to the startup command. It is something like "--no-self-update" but I'm not on my Linux Mint machine right now so cannot lookup the exact switch.

Serafina likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.