Lockbrier and the PaxLair Commons

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Themo Lock, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

[​IMG]

Lockbrier is a player owned crossroads with overland access in the Grunvald region of Novia. The town is a burrough of the PaxLair cluster and is owned, run and operated by Themo Lock, Pax et Veritas and the PaxLair city governers. This scene is not flagged for PVP but has direct transitions into 2 PVP scenes, also owned and operated by the PaxLair city governers. The town of Lockbrier is home to the free housing initiative and the PaxLair Commons, aimed at housing (without charge) hundreds of players not yet fortunate enough to own a property of their own. Lockbrier also houses the Lockbrier Publishing House, a group tasked with transferring countless poems, stories and writings from Ultima Online and private collections. The town boasts a moon tower, an oracle confirmatory, titan of truth monument and a tavern filled with useful NPC merchants. More lots can yet be placed for those with deeds and can be acquired upon request from Themo Lock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Public Expert Crafting Stations

The public crafting pavilion provides expert level crafting stations available for use by all residents and visitors. Located close to the town crier/bank, a crafting merchant and 2 vendors loiter here for convenience with other merchants passing their time in the Lockbrier Tavern.
    [​IMG]

The PaxLair Commons and the free housing initiative

The town of Lockbrier and the guild of Pax et Veritas aims to house (without charge) as many players as possible that do not own their own properties. So far we can house upwards of 100 people with private storage and decoration space in subdivided lots and large basements. This service ranges from a private locker to a private garden shed, greenhouse or room in the massive hotel known as the PaxLair Commons. The Commons are located in the 5 story keep basement (owned by Alcedes) beneath the water keep lot and is accessible via a boat at the end of the jetty. A tax free vendor is placed at the keep for use by all residents.

[​IMG]

Rooms within the commons (there is 70 of them) allow for placement of private storage and limited private decoration using the item permission system. Please keep in mind that due to the limitations of this permission system, your possessions can not be accessed by the general public or other residents (if you set them to private by right clicking them) but CAN be accessed by the property owners ( Themo Lock and Alcedes). This means there is a measure of trust involved since Alcedes and myself could conceivably steal from you ... if we were jerks.

[​IMG]

The Commons provides crafting space and a variety of communal and RP spaces for use including a bar, theater, dueling arena, basement garden, gustball field, baths, locker rooms and meeting/assembly rooms. Residency in the commons can be arranged by contacting Themo Lock or Alcedes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Alcedes @Winfield @Sean Silverfoot @Berek

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Very nicely done Themo... great idea that Commons!

And I'm sure at least a million people can vouch for the trustworthiness of you and Alcedes.

Sean Silverfoot, Mata, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

A guild effort, they put in no small amount of effort to get this set up :) (as did the lovely Gaelis Trajan). Alcedes heads up the PaxLair Commons project and is doing a great job.

4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

See folks, he won't even take credit when it is due to others... a lot of trustworthiness on display here! :) Those who don't have housing should really take you up on your offer fast because I'm sure there will be a lot of demand.

5. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

An impressive effort! Well done!

Sean Silverfoot, Mata, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  6. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

This is so awesome! I love this community and Pax!

Hope we can come visit. Sounds like a fun place to hang out.

Sean Silverfoot, Mata, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  7. Doctor

Doctor Avatar

I was happy to see Themo Lock on his first day back from his vacation away from the game. He was learning all the new things, but primarily permission settings. He was helping set up a kind lady to one of his garden sheds. Yes, I know, it's a shed. But it looked so cosy! With two cats to comfort her, a whole bunch of gardening beds which she wanted, all the crafting stations behind her and so much more. However, the way he made her feel so well at home and reassured her about rights etc made me remember how I felt when Themo Lock first helped me out back in December 2014. He is a man of his word, he has not changed his goal since he started. And that's to help you. If you're looking a wonderful place full of talented down to earth avatars, this is the place to be.

I even found this on the PoT. What more can you ask for.

[​IMG]

Sean Silverfoot, Mata, Acred and 3 others like this.
  8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Thank you Themo and i see you in R37! ;)

Ein [​IMG] liches Dankeschön!

Sean Silverfoot and Themo Lock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.