Log Out at Forum, still Loged in at Homepage ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tyorl999, Jun 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

Hello avatars,

was that a discussion before or doesnt anyone have this problem?

When I log out at the forum, I am still loged in at the homepage from SotA.

I have to separatly log out at the homepage.

Tryed that with Edge and Firefox on different computers.

Sometimes its weard, when I am at the computer from a friend, posting at the forum, log out;

and hours later the friend said he could watch my account dates, because I had not logged out at the Home / accountpage.

Duke Aventine and Net like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, this one will be tricky to fix, I am sure it is hear more complex than the case I had, but once upon a time I had Wordpress site with Vanilla forums, and the forum were able to get the credentials from the site, but it was one way process, they had separate database for users and logging out of forums did not log out people from the site.

As a rule I do not log to my accounts on other people computers (though it may be because I do not remember my passwords), so I rarely face this issue.

Duke Aventine likes this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

To make it weirder: If you log in or out from the homepage, it WILL log you in or out from the forums. They say they want players to only have one forum account, but they've encouraged us to have multiple player accounts. But if you log out of one player web account to do something on another (such as changing subscription info), it automatically logs you into the forums with the new account, so that you have to manually catch yourself before posting with the wrong account, even though you never chose to log in to the forums with the second account.

Duke Aventine and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.