Looking for a room.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

I hear there are places that offer a free room. I could use the storage, free rooms allow for this right? I'm often encumbered. Came across this vid. After a long trek, got to the area it's supposed to be at, but it's gone, or the name changed. Anyway, if anyone knows of a town that has free rooms and all your crafting needs, let me know. Thanks.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since you now get a row lot deed for just doing one of the outskirts areas, rental rooms aren't really necessary.

3. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Come by Tempest Reef when I'm on.

I can set you up with a room, or a row lot to set up shop and I have a full crafting pavilion open to the public.

4. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Hmm. Thought I completed at least 2 outskirts. I got two banners at least, courage and truth. How do I get the deed? Player told me to type in deed to the quest giver. Guess I should try that with Alderic maybe? Elf leader, think thats his name.

5. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Yeah, go to him and ask him about the keyword 'deed'

Cypher Black

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Pretty much. Which is why Inn's will likely need another pass in the future.

There must be another reason besides the room for someone to be interested. Location perhaps would help if there is nothing available nearby. I'm hoping for gaming tables. Maybe a buff for socializing with others at the Inn. I dunno. People need a reason to visit or get a room.

Once all the land has been taken including PRT lots, then I'm presuming Inn's will become valuable.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  7. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Will the npc give me instructions on how to use the deed etc? Not sure what to do when I get it. do I need to make or buy containers to store things in? I know how to make backpacks, can I place them in my room?

Is it just a lot deed? I'll have to buy or build a house? Doubt I can afford that.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Until you get your deed or for as long as you want I always offer free rooms and amenities to anyone. I'm Majoria in the game if I can help.

Boris Mondragon and Jaesun like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Row lot deeds have a house on them.

You can scatter most of your stuff all over the place, but you'll need a container for some of it. We've got them for sale at the S Mart Factorium for less than the Oracle gives you in a day. Also check around for backpacks, they are even cheaper, and you can drag them from your inventory into your home and leave them there.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Find a player owned town that you like (cheap plug: plenty of free lots in Mystic Isle), double click a stone or sign in front of an unclaimed row lot (the stone or sign will have runic writing on it if it's unclaimed) and claim the lot.

Yes you can use backpacks as storage containers.

[edit] There's an entire section in the Player Guide on housing.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hey Sabbath. I saw you in Veritas Sanctuary today, but I reckon you were afk.

I can assure you that the inn is top notch (I stayed there back when free2play people had the dreaded [visitor] status and had *very* limited priviledges) and it was a great means to have storage, save money, and adventure without pressure!

If, for some reason, you cannot contact the mayor or governor, you can room up with me! It's not an inn, but I'm online every night, kicking arse and taking names!

12. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

13. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Think I was there briefly, looking at stores/shops. Guess you recognize my lastname :) Sindetta Stabbath is my main's name. I do afk a lot, via load screens. I actually play two games at once often lol. One is a turn based game so easy to play near the same time. Actually have game minimized as I typed this.

I have my deed now. will make a reply below about it.

14. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Got my deed. Trying to figure out where to live now. Still not sure if I need a house or not. Got deed from npc for finishing truth quest. I hear it recommended to get a npc town, since you don't have to worry about the town going away or eviction. So, far there is a player town Soryn Fields near Highvale I have been liking. Nearly all crafting needs, but have to go elsewhere for 3 items so far which has been annoying. Pecan nuts, and a couple blacksmithing supplies. Just started up Carpentry, not sure how good the town is for that yet.

I hear a lot about Owl's Head, but never been.

Will relook through replies above and maybe check out some places. Very hard finding stuff on the map though. Often like looking for the needle in a haystack.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The deed you have can only be used in a player owned town.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

The deed you get from doing the quests is a player owned town deed only. So look around at these and see which you like. Many towns will have the lots as claimable by any but if you see a town you like that is not then just whisper or send a mail message to the governor listed on the town to get permission to place. Also you can craft a house and atm a row house is included with the row deed. You can choose to have the house or soon if not now you can say none to place your own structures.

17. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Ahoy matey, if ye has any pirate blood in ye feel free to visit Dragomir Moir, home of the largest pirate fleet on the continent. Our pirate queen @CatherineRose can inform ye of locations within the City. Always looking for new crew members. *Grins*
    R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

CatherineRose and Jaesun like this.
  18. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

ok, thanks all. Everyone has been so nice and helpful.

Jaesun and majoria70 like this.
  19. Nick

Nick Avatar

@Stabbath, don’t forget to visit ardoris. Most tailor and carpentry recipes are there. Go finish up the solace bridge outskirts while you are nearby and get your love banner.

Get more recall and teleport to zone scrolls. Helps moving around faster with less loading screens to places that you’ve been to before.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Pecan nuts is unfortunately one of those things that you can't get in any player town - there's a handful of items that simply can't go there, also they can't have skill trainers.
    I'll add my voice to the list of "places to live" - we've got some waterside row lots available in Rinzai (nested in Desolis) - pretty convenient access, crafting, etc. At some point you will likely join a guild, and many guilds have a dedicated town that a lot of the members congregate in - but happy to be a waystation of "stuff storage" until you get fully acclimated! ;)

Nick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.