Looking for a room.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hey @Stabbath If you're not excited about placing your house yet, then don't feel pressured :)

2. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Didn't know that about Ardoris. Not sure where to go to finish Solace Bridge outskirts. Very confusing toward what I guess is the end. That the one where you have to hire a spirit talker? I have like 5 quests that are in my book dealing with that splintered chain. Talked with spirit talker, not sure what to do now. Talk with Perrin in Necropolis or something maybe. Also tells me to talk with Khasis, (sp?) which i already did. sometime the journal doesn't really update appropriately.

3. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

didn't know that about pecan nuts and trainers. Thanks.

I'm in a guild. Leader gave me over 100 recipes 2 days ago lol. The guild hall is in an area I'm not familiar with and I figure I don't need two "homes" in same place, or do I? Was thinking maybe I could bind myself to my home/room or guild hall, and use both places to get around more quickly. Not sure if that will work though. Only ported and used bind couple times so far.

4. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Ok. Went to Soryn Fields, place I've liked. It's a player town I'm familiar with. Found what seems to be an empty lot marker. Double clicked on it, a box pops up with my deed in it, I select it but the claim button remains greyed out. I hit "P" like the in game help tips suggest for a flare that shows empty lots and it worked with the marker. Anyone help me out with what to do? Thanks.

Oh, marker says village lot. I need something called row lot?

5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Solace Bridge Outskirts are like the other outskirts, everything is resolved within the outskirts. What you just described seems like the Path of Love quests. This is an old post that might be relavant. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...is-necropolis-malice-heart-of-sorrows.105663/

6. Nick

Nick Avatar

You probably have a row deed, and you are trying claim a village lot. You'll need to upgrade the lot deed with coto OR, complete the main quests for a free tax village deed.
    Talk to the town crier, it will show you a list of available lots.

Alternatively, https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/?map_id=707 . You can see what lots are available from the map.

7. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Yes. Able to claim row lot. Warns me about being evicted. What happens to my stuff if I am? Goes into the bank even though I only have 30/30 (full)? An escrow of some sorts maybe?

8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

EDIT: You solved that problem while I was typing.

There is no definite advantage to using houses as transportation. Instead of "recall" you can "teleport to zone" to any place in the world that you have merely visited. These are not really more expensive to produce though they are sufficiently new and shiny that some alchemists charge more. You should be able to find a vendor that sells them at a competitive price in most towns.

Eviction is a possibility in POTs, but it's quite rare and unlikely.

9. Nick

Nick Avatar

Its unlikely the town owner will evict you. If you are unable to pay taxes in time, everything in your lot will go into the bank. Even though your bank is full, it'll still go into the bank. However, you will not be able to deposit anything into the bank.

Why not spend some gold to upgrade your bank? Its not terribly expensive right now for you.

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Either eviction or failure-to-pay-tax results in things going to your bank. It will simply exceed bank capacity and you can't deposit anything until you get the capacity down to within your limit.
    Eviction's pretty unlikely unless you go long-term inactive, "most" POT owners are reasonable and don't go around evicting willy-nilly on some sort of power trip :X
    Forgetting taxes...probably more likely, but same outcome - things go to bank. The only thing you could potentially lose is the "spot" if someone else takes it, but again in a POT this is less likely unless you're in a prominent market town or something.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Jason_M likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just remember you will not ever loose anything, if something does happen, everything, including the lot deed, goes to the bank. Even if you don’t have enough bank slots. Everything will go there.

You could lose the spot, but you will never loose any of your items.

12. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Try https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/ - the search input on that page is very helpful. I use it all the time and Ive been playing like 4.5 years lol.

Barugon likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also having a teleport to zone scroll on your hotbar gives you the capability to look at what locations you have visited. You just point at the location and click on the control key to see whats in the location. It will even tell you how many vendors a town has.

Barugon likes this.
  14. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Didn't know you could via gold. Thought it was a real money, crown type thing.

15. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

You need to click on the text part of the "link" (in the bank window) to upgrade your bank with gold. Upto 100 items it is very cheap.
    If you a wanderer type of player you may ask for a room in a inn in nearby towns of your current area. The bank is globally accessible, so can store items there and pick them up in another town. Your home or just the next inn.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.