looking for scenic route suggestions and advice

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by crummel, Apr 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crummel

crummel Avatar

I was an old Vanguard SOH player and thought I'd give this game a try, and just after I made that decision, 10x XP was turned on so I was just in time level up some glyphs and make a bit of progress. I understand this annoys some veterans, but it really helps to close the gap, which I am happy about. It seems I still can't burn through the content, which is a good thing.

I very much enjoyed the three starter areas, at least as far as I was able to follow the questlines. But those end up in tier 5 areas quite soon, so now I am stuck or die pretty soon after entering the scene, same thing.

I did find the random quest, like finding the key to the bootleggers abandoned farm in the swamp, but nothing like the starter areas where you can find quests to do.

I've found the South Midmaer Way with its crypts, traps and puzzles tucked into the walls, which I very much enjoyed, but I just stumbled into that without having a quest.

So: Are there any scenes that you can recommend? Are scenes just to be grinded without a quest? Are there any scenes that are a must see?

Right now tier 3 feels comfortable at adventuring level 69, which feels as if I should be in a higher tier than 3 - or am I wrong there? Too many mobs or add after add without being able to regenerate make it hard. Yes, I am mostly a solo player...

Ancev and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi there, and welcome! Glad you like the extra XP on the quests :)

Here's a link that might help you decide upon scenes to visit. It's on SotAWiki.net and it lists out all the adventure scenes with their tier numbers: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Scene_Difficulty

3. crummel

crummel Avatar

Thanks, I already found that list, but several of those just seemed to be forest, game and a few vigilantes, but nothing else. That's why I asked for noteworthy scenes. I stumbled over one with four burial sites and a wooden scaffolding structure in the middle - like that.

4. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Blackblade foothills has some fun stuff
    North Shattered Hills interesting puzzle
    Sunless Barrens
    South Fetid swamp

They are some of the interesting scenes

Elgarion, Anpu and crummel like this.
  5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Savrenoc Stronghold is a T5. It has few good loops in it and a good mix of resources and creatures.

One minor quest and an entrance to a dungeon as well.

Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Elgarion, Anpu, crummel and 2 others like this.
  7. crummel

crummel Avatar

I just found the way up onto those plateau mountains and try to find the correct stones for the temple riddle.
    Will have a look at the other scenes in the next days. Thank you very much.

Thanks a lot for that link, that seems to be a gold mine and a lot to do for many days.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Are there any quests associated with the Temple of the Inferno?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.