Looking for some feedback on a new desktop computer for SOTA

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Gregoire Visaard, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

[​IMG]

I have a Falcon Trading Systems Computer that I paid a pile of cash for back in early 2011 ($5,281).

It is over 5 years old and not working real well. So I would like to replace it.

My question to the entire community even the dev's.

What would be your dream computer configuration for playing Shroud of the Avatar?

I understand the minimum requirements and all that.

What I am looking for is what set up allows you to play this game balls to the wall now and for many years to come. What would you buy/build if you had a few thousand to spend?

I have a 6 - Monitor display (24 in) that I want to keep from my current computer as I still trade stocks and need the screen real estate. But I want to build a bad ass computer to last for the next 5 years plus.

Sea Bear

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  2. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'd choose a GPU first and build around those. Currently, I'm running a set of dual OC'd (8GB each) Sapphire (AMD) Radeon cards. What type of frame rate are you hoping to maintain your multi-monitor setup? I'm running a single 34" 21:9 curve and it rocks 60fps or better on most games... not really sure where I stand with SotA though.

Pikegirl, RDouglas and Time Lord like this.
  3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Well if money is no concern and you dont want to build it yourself, digital storm makes decent rated PC's

Heres their top end model, caps around $8k
    Even if you want to build it yourself, this link is for the custom config of the rig so you can browse through most top end models of each part to see what youd like to build with rather easily.
    https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1285986

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

The new NVIDIA TITAN X based on their Pascal architecture. That, and a Intel Core i7-5960X and you should be set.

I build my systems myself, but if you are not going to do that, there may be stores in your area that can build according to your specifications. There are at least such stores in my area.

There is Origin PC's Genesis. I reckon the Titan X they have listed there currently is not the new Pascal model. However, they may update that eventually.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    RDouglas likes this.
  5. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

if I were to upgrade at this point I would be looking for the best Alienware desktop set up with mult screens, and a laptop for mobile work that is game related/salutes.... Have one purchased for game/but not talking with it atm, still waiting for login crash fix/salute... and a new mic for radio/streams
    Thus I am using my Lords Alienware for now/tip of the hat

6. keldonlighthand[BEAR]

keldonlighthand[BEAR] Avatar

Well for me I would wait a few months if you can. AMD have there new CPU Zen (Q4 2016/Q1 2017) and GPU Polaris 480,470,460 family (which has just been released) and Vega(to be realeased in Q1 2017) Zen suppose to be a 40% jump on there latest CPU's. Or will be hopefully cheaper than Intel/NVIDIA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.