Looking For Suggestions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Hollow Card, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollow Card

Hollow Card Avatar

Hi All,

I pledged Jan 2014 that did not come with lot or housing deed. I want to purchase a tax free package and or property deed plus home from store this week most likely POT. I realize there are no open placement available at this time. What are the best options at this time -Town , City, Village, Row Water offered in POT ? Mainly want to get set up into game .
    I have more items than bank slots from pledging it seems. Starting I plan exploring and crafting and would like a space with land and place a fence.
    I appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Looks like property will not be tax free but still interested.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Leelu and Acred like this.
  2. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

the tax free pot village bundle is probably the best bang for your dollar if money is not a concern. there are a lot of really nice pots around with open space that would be happy to have you :)

or the marketplace sub forum as noted above features quite a few resellers of pieces of the bundles.

either way welcome and hope you enjoy your time here.

btw keep the rmt out of new player welcome :p

Leelu, Acred and Hollow Card like this.
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

The Player Owned Town of Beregost has available space for you. It's right next to Kingsport. Check it out and if you find a space you like then you can request a Lot Marker placed from the Governor, @Holdingrass Piumber

^_^

Leelu, Acred, Hollow Card and 2 others like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello Hollow Card and welcome. I would be happy to help. Many player owned towns would be happy to welcome you as well. I am Majoria in game and Wizards Rest is located next to Owlshead in Hidden Vale and you are welcome to check us out anytime.

At first I thought I might miss out by living in a player owned town. I did not have vision to see how it would be. It does depend on how you play the game. I don't think vendors in player own towns always get known about the way the game is set up at this time. Anytime I can help please send me a whisper. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Just something else to consider is bundles (of the same series) can be upgraded. So you may want to start with a row lot bundle and see if that suits your needs. If you then decide you would like a bigger home or want some yard space you can always upgrade as needed.

Leelu, Acred and Hollow Card like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I would test housing first before spending something.
    Some find they need less space some find they need more space. Some find taxed too taxing some find tax free too expensive.
    Let me know and I could set up what you'd like (within reason). I'd plunk down a deed and let you test for an agreed time. Then at the end of the test is plunk up the deed again.
    Personally I think most would do very well given a four story row with a basement.

There are several spots left in NPC towns. So don't feel too pressured into going for a player-town unless that is a concept that is pleasing for you.
    Let me know and I could list locations.

Several guilds/player towns (including mine) offer free housing solutions to their members/residents.

Shop around before settling for a deal and get a second opinion on any offers. There are plenty of deals where it's more expensive than necessary.
    For instance the POT Village tax free deed that is in the bundle store for $550 with some more trinkets can be got for $300-325 in the player market.

So knowing exactly what you want would be a good thing.

Bank slots can be purchased for in game gold in the bank. Also 100 slots cost $5 IIRC in the store.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Dvin Andor, Leelu, Acred and 7 others like this.
  7. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Hioh,

I can't offer a village spot (for the yard and fence), but I offer free row homes (Deeds and houses supplied at no cost) for players without homes to utilize. You could use it to get a taste of housing or to build up to get your own. Feel free to contact me in game: Aidenolm Rosemourne, or PM me here if you want to take advantage of the offer.

As for purchasing tax-free property, it's almost always best to buy the deed directly from another player. You can generally get them for much less than the bundle they come from costs. They're much more expensive to purchase a place anywhere (Founder / Benefactor) and it's double the cost in the case of village sized deeds.

Leelu, Acred, Hollow Card and 2 others like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Avatar

Since you are looking at taxable lots, do take note of the daily taxes. I'll advise you to check out the various POTs, and check with the owners if they can offer you temp free lodgings, am sure many will be glad to help.

FYI,
    In-Game Gold Rates:

Row: 500 gold per day
    Village: 1000 gold per day
    Town: 2000 gold per day
    City: 3500 gold per day
    Gold Crowns of the Obsidians Rates:

Row: 1 Gold COTO per week
    Village: 2 Gold COTOs per week
    Town: 4 Gold COTOs per week
    City: 7 Gold COTOs per week

Leelu, Acred, Sean Silverfoot and 2 others like this.
  9. Numa

Numa Avatar

I would recommend starting out with a row lot because it automatically comes with a default house which you can change anytime later with a better one. As @Nick said the taxes are relatively low and can be easily covered by a daily visit to the Oracle or visiting the town criers. 1 floor Row basements are also available ingame for ingame gold.

@Spoon also made an excellent point of trying housing first before sinking too much money into it. Renting is coming in this month so that is a good way to test what you really want before committing yourself.

Leelu, Acred, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Whisper me in game, I can get you set up with the goodwill center. It is a place that offers free rooms and trunks for stuff for new players to get on their feet at no cost. Dr. Wiz is away on vaca right now, but some others and I are helping run the show while hes gone. I help out with the summon quests, and offer advice for deck building and skills. I also do training with my grandmasters while I plant, I got 2 training dummies set up by my greenhouses so people can up skills I have gmed for the 10% bonus speed.

Leelu, Acred, Hollow Card and 3 others like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

get one of the Bundles.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60538

Row bundles after houses but not much land a Village one is the first elvel to have "Land"

These are tax free.

As for a place to place your house I have space and there are MANY PRTs with space open.

Now if you mean "Open" placement as you can walk up and take a place no, you need to get a Lot deed then you can look for a house type to put on it.

There are TONs of places to place once you have the Lot deed.

Acred, Hollow Card and Numa like this.
  12. Hollow Card

Hollow Card Avatar

Thank You everyone for the overwhelming suggestions and offers! I have a lot to mull over. One of my main concerns is taxable property as being new I may not be able to build the funds initially and lose placement if I purchase/place a bundle or even lot deed. I do know I would like land to play around on eventually.I would much rather purchase from the store or in game than an online seller even though price would be cheaper . I'd rather the $$ apply towards the game . I plan to take some time with this and explore a few of the places and POT''s visit with some folks and take it from there. My character in game is Royse and if you see me please say hello. I will keep all posted and sure I will indeed have more questions.
    See everyone soon and thanks again!

13. Nick

Nick Avatar

If you would rather purchase from the store, I'll suggest you buy store credits and make payments to the online seller using these credits. That'll help fund the game. :)
    POT taxable Village deeds are going for $165, and people are selling for less than a hundred, perhaps even less than half of the online price.

The Spring Telethon is coming up in March. There'll be all kind of discounts then. (possibly including lot and housing deeds) Keep an eye on that!
    You might find yourself screaming, spin the wheel, spin the wheel!

Hope you find your perfect spot!

(Note: do visit Aelasar's forest too, nested in Central Brittany, wagon next to the red balloon at the entrace.:p)

Leelu, Numa, Acred and 4 others like this.
  14. Hollow Card

Hollow Card Avatar

OMG now I am really screaming!!!

Thank You Thank You! It is nice to know these things. My head is spinning.

Leelu, Numa, Acred and 2 others like this.
  15. Numa

Numa Avatar

@Hollow Card you can friend me ingame in case you need assistance. Numa Vorlanos.

Leelu likes this.
  16. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

and me Druid Galiwyn

Leelu likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Avatar

@Hollow Card FYI, shogun bundles are going 20% off this weekend. :)

Leelu and Numa like this.
  18. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Leelu likes this.
  19. Hollow Card

Hollow Card Avatar

Thanks for posting the link Innascual , Looks like I missed this round :)

Leelu likes this.
  20. Hollow Card

Hollow Card Avatar

I missed the dead line on the Raffle tickets this round. Maybe next time. Where are the raffle tickets sold in game and can you use the tokens from the store to purchase tickets?

Thanks in advance.

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.