looking for tips/suggestions to be a better avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hsitirb, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

ErikRulez, Jaesun and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Also if you ever see me in game give me a shout, I am AL 108 and dual wield long sword dagger in plate, plus heal, plus aoe, plus Tank...

I can take you on a Rise run if you want

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The adventure xp that you gain and use now is super insignificant compared to what you will have later, so you can just experiment with everything to see what you like and there's not really any downside to trying things out.

Once you know what skills you want to use, then you just get gear that allows/supports what you like. That's not always quite as simple as it sounds, but the general ideas are fairly common sense.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

I'll take you up on that but not today. I'm in and out of the game cuz stuff going on in RL and I'm using what time I have to look into what everyone has said so far.
    Ya all don't know how much I appreciate the tips I'm getting.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Personally, I'm quite opposed to power levelling new players.

Taking the fastest route to the top is tempting, but do you know what's at the top? What happens when you speed through the game without taking the time to explore and expriment, make friends and stories?

Nothing.

The game is a sandbox, so the interesting low level scenes will always be there, but they're a lot less fun when the monsters die in one or two hits.

I suggest hanging out with people similar to your own level. No offence meant to Crendel.

Elwyn and Katu like this.
  6. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

No offense taken, my intention is to take him into the Rise and show him how my build works. Sure he will get 1 mil XP, but in the process of seeing my play style will hopefully learn. If I take him to a tier 3 zone I will kill too quick for there to be a take away ..as it is I drop the mages in 5 sec so the do os great, deck explanation is more practically seen and we build comradere. Just have to get a discord channel up so we can talk...that is my unknown

Jaesun and Jason_M like this.
  7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

That's a nice offer. It might be a bit of a stretch, though, for a player who most likely has basic deck building questions. If I were him, I'd definitely take you up on the offer, though.

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

You can have two shrine buffs, 2 food buffs and i think you can have two of the other blessing buffs as well. Dont forget Obsidian potions which you can run them all if you need to

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, you're too weak right now to kill a troll solo. I could do it after level 80 sometime. Certainly by 90.

You can beat the game long before you are high enough level to take on the tougher stuff. Hopefully Episode 2 is a doozy, main quest in this game was way too easy.

10. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

I don't find the main quest too easy at all. Taking two new ALTs through it just now and shuttered tower or even getting to crags at AL40 isn't gonna be easy

Jason_M likes this.
  11. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

and 2 potions?

12. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

A big thank you.
    Yesterday was the most exciting day ever in SotA. Thanks to this post I met some really awesome avatars - some who directly responded (still have a couple responders I haven't yet been able to connect w/ in-game, but I'm looking), some met via those responders, and some met randomly, and of course I can't leave out a special thanks to all the devs at P.
    So what happened yesterday? For starters someone caught up to me in pvp. They were gracious enough to give me a few pvp tips - then effectively killed me. After I re-spawned we partied up and ventured onward. During a fight w/ some higher lvl elves (from my experience) we both got taken out. Turns out a 3rd pvp player entered the zone. Never saw him while he was there but after his first kill he waited by a resurrection point and killed us again (me 2 more times) before I even knew what was going on. While dead that last time ventured to another resurrection point. Met up w/ 1st pvp player and she explained what just happened. Met the 3rd pvp in Novia - His lvl more than totaled both ours. (I was blessed by the great oracle as from this experience the only lost items were crafting tools.)
    Later that day I ventured alone into Spectral Mines, died a several times (quickly) but more concerning the screen often froze near the exit. I could hear game sounds around me and could move the mouse. Eventually a white boxed message appeared and logged me out. When I logged in said I was still there. Eventually I bypassed those pesky hardened skeletons and found the "bunny room", even took out a couple ghosts along the way. I completed the statue quest!
    To top off the day my guild (which was also a result of this post) offered to take me dragon hunting. I don't know how all the commands work so when they first TPed to the location I couldn't get there and had to travel overland. They'd already killed a dragon or two before I arrived. A dragon killed me and while finding a resurrection point they moved to another zone. Took awhile to figure what happened but one of the party came back for me. One of the things that really puzzled me was how they could converse and fight so ferociously at the same time. After the hunt I asked and they told me "/roll 100" which I have yet to try.
    Hoping to run into one of these guys today as I have a ton of questions about party play.
    That was just the highlights, again thanks everyone.

Spoon, Jason_M, Jikininki and 2 others like this.
  13. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

Definitely and fun day! Let's go kill a troll :D

14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

How to handle tier 5? Stay at tier 4 until it feels easy.

Jikininki likes this.
  15. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Play play play, then play, and then play, and play, then also play.

:)

Not to be to facetious!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  16. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Wow! You were busy. I admire your positive attitude. Some people could habe written exactly the same report but negatively. You choose to be positive, and that attitude will get you further than any software feature.

You can play with me any time (Jason Moryn), though I do avoid PVP myself :eek:

Jikininki likes this.
  17. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Well done, and great attitude. I also avoid PvP, but if you see me online, drop me a note and i'll be happy to group up with you. You can go about hacking everything up and i'll provide artillery support and healing. :)

Fenris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.