Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Loot bundles

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Trevour, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevour

Trevour Avatar

Economy: Loot on mid-level creatures will be adjusted to be more rewarding while still maintaining game balance.

Has anyone found these? I have killed 200+ tier 5 bandits and received nothing new. Is tier5 not considered mid-ranged? Or is the drop rate super silly low?

Thanks

Wextel likes this.
  2. scubaman

scubaman Avatar

I know a guild mate got a grey bag and it had apples and onions....

Spinok likes this.
  3. royalsexy

royalsexy Avatar

I went hunting in Verdantis Shardfall and Elysium Mines thinking the elementals might have something new - still the 5-20gp per water or earth elemental :(

4. Sway

Sway Avatar

I got the gray bag. It had a lemon, Apple, roll, some other food, 3 potions. I think that's about it

5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I think the drop rate is about 1 in 200 on tier 5 stuff. That ramps up to something like 1 in 20 at tier 10. Also, there are 4 levels of bags from grey to orange.

Engel and Sir Leonard like this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

From this comment I'd infer that the bags aren't meant to be mid-level loot, but aimed more towards the higher end loot. So this wasn't the fix for the mid-level loot money increase.

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So, no bundles on anything below tier 5?

8. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Got a yellow from sieges, not sure which mobs were though.

9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have gotten 3 grey bundles from level 5 mobs. Nothing worth noting inside. Would rather have gotten an extra heavy war hammer, but opening the bag to find all that stuff was still something different and interesting.

10. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

1 Grey bag out of 300+ kills. The loot was so so... I hope they adjust the drop rate. Also was in a 5 skull zone, so not sure how that is mid-level but whatever.

11. Arpanet

Arpanet Avatar

This does not increase the economy.

Wextel likes this.
  12. scubaman

scubaman Avatar

yellow bag from deep ravenswood contained - 1 recall scroll 1 potion of elemental resist and 1 banana bread

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I found a gray one in the obsidian chest after killing the troll in the Epitaph.

discipleofweb likes this.
  14. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have gotten like ten bags (grey and yellow). All vendor junk. The bags came from DR and The Rise. I would say so far the bags have had a negligible affect on my looting.

Chatele likes this.
  15. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I picked up another 3 bags today in about an hour and half of farming. All yellow I think. One had a Constantan Hilt Recipe and the other a Recall scroll.

16. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

OK in 2 days of play in mainly a 4 skull area.. i had 3 grey bags drop, each with not a lot in generally 1 repair kit or a bit of a gem, and something like an apple, pepper etc.

17. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

imo the complete loot system is still bad, sorry @Chris

The main problem with the current loot system is that most drops are just global drops.
    There are almost no local drops, pretty much every mob has the chance to drop the same, no matter in what zone you are in.
    What this game heavily needs are tons of local drops so that you as an adventurer have to travel arround Novia to find this or that.
    And with that i don't just mean "rare" drops.
    Specific Zones should drop specific raw materials for example.
    And the higher/harder the zones, the better the loot should be, a feel of progression.

But as it is now, you find the same mobs & drops in 100 Zones :D
    A feel of progression is almost non existant, expecially if the loot from a T1 Skeleton is pretty much the same like from an T10 Skeleton (besides the higher %chance thingy for bags and artifacts).

It just makes no fun knowing that, no matter what mobs i kill, as long it is T7, T10 or whatever it has a higher chance to drop the same bag i can find in all other zones as well.

Pretty much the same counts for the artifacts (i know not all of them).
    And prolly the same for the recipes.

I can hunt wherever i want, i will "almost" always find the same stuff.
    Which makes most Zones in the game obsolete and uninteresting.

And i still think mobs should drop magical "named" armour and weapons.
    Just like it was in UO.
    I also like to find stuff that is marked as "unidentified", but that's another story.

Sure, leave the best crafted armour/weapons to crafters, but add more varity to the loot tables and don't make everything global, give zones a purpose other than to look pretty.

There is almost no reason to explore all the zones because everywhere i can find the same stuff & mobs.
    Stop going the easy route with throwing everything into global loottables because that's just boring if most things are global drops...
    Instead start to work on making zones and loottables for each zones & mobs in that Zone UNIQUE.

Oh well, no idea how else i could explain what i mean...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The problem is simple - they let so much of "rare" loot which was high end stuff flood the game that now when they try an release stuff that should be valuable and somewhat rare it is found to be useless junk.

ITYS - "make sure you release stuff slowly and rare and you can turn up amounts late on" . . . . But what did I know :)

Now you are chasing the tail of a tiger which is hard and when you do you are going to get mauled :)

19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im hoping that @Chris will expand the things like the now semi localised recipies to also make the loots drop localised recipies etc.. which would explain how the npcs got them right? This would also include maybe parts to said recipes such as blades, hilts, handles..

There was talk of the bundles containing player made stuff, what would be good if the loot tables included other things like dyes and clothing and weapons..even if they are broken items initially you could recycle or repair a bit like the rustys..

sometimes i wish the NPCs didnt fight themselves because the murphies law side of me says all the good drops happen and fade while we arent looking.. other times i kinda think its cool that even if we arent there the mobs are having lives.. however if they didnt fight, and we had the ability to put loot on mobs you could hours of fun in newb areas :p

20. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I think this should be reversed. This just means high level players will get all the loot bags and low/mid level players will be status quo. I have found over a dozen bags while people I know that can't farm the zones I do have only found a couple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.