Looting as a skill

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Damian Killingsworth, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Looting should be a skill. Have you ever gone through the pockets of an unconscious or dead person? Its harder than it looks.

Suggestion:
    • Looting as a skill much like how harvesting skills work. The time it takes to perform a loot is inverse to skill level, at high levels you can loot more at a time, etc.
    • You can loot only certain number of items at a time. This number goes up slightly as you approach GM.
    • Looting can be interrupted.
    • The chance to loot ends when the looted player resurrects.
    • Looting affects your virtue and reputation depending on the circumstances
    This way full loot is possible in special circumstances.
    In large battles, like 5 v 5 or 10 v 10, you will be able to res at least a few times and still be in the fight.
    To sum it up, this is my first suggestion at making PvP more dynamic and appealing to more of the player base.

Gringo, Lord Baldrith, Fringe and 2 others like this.
  2. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

Interesting idea however I fear a skill like that could be used for a group to strip a solo player with no chance at all. Full looting has never been something I've supported. However if it to be implemented I do see the overall point of needing to have a lot of exp and time investment in order to do so.

3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

"Have you ever gone through the pockets of an unconscious or dead person? Its harder than it looks."
    lol

Chrystoph Reis and Selene like this.
  4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I would like to see metrics on this claim. The suggestion is not bad in and of itself for a pvp-focused game, but I believe it will have quite the opposite effect. Folks already flagging PvP for the XP bonus are likely to turn it back off as the bonus would not be worth the added risk. Pretty sure I'd even stop visiting PvP zones altogether.

Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Damian Killingsworth

Check out this thread I wrote,
    How a (short) loot time would help shared combat experiences

I think there are a *lot* of reasons to add a loot timer to make looting more like harvesting, even if its just a short timer outside of PvP. I don't believe the current insta-looting is a good game experience.

Adding some skill that would also affect PvP would of course be a natural addition to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.