Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Looting feedback I keep forgetting to post in every release

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

One of the most annoying aspects of the game is trying to loot or skin a corpse, especially in a swamp where you can't see the corpse because it is submerged in water. There is a teeny tiny area about the size of a baby's fingernail that is a valid clicking area for looting. The corpse's label is often nowhere near it, depending on where you are standing and what the camera angle is. Pets block access to this miniscule area, so you not only have to hover around the whole area very slowly and carefully to find the clickable spot, you often have to move away from the corpse to lure the pet away from it, then return and start the cursor hovering ritual.

Having to click the mouse repeatedly to loot/skin is also painful over time. It would be so nice if it were possible to hover over the general area and have a window pop up with a "Take all" shortcut key à la Skyrim. No more searching for the exact spot, no more mouse-clicking - I would love that.

Athanil, Leostemplar, helm and 30 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Labels should be clickable.

3. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Yes a key to loot stuff would be awesome :)

Tiki Pirate and Kara Brae like this.
  4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Might I also request that when opening multiple windows (for instance to loot like 6 skeletons at once because it is more efficient) that the multiple windows exactly overlap?

I set my loot window at the very top left of the screen however when I loot multiple corpses, and because the windows offset from the previous window a little bit down and to the right, my loot window preset eventually crawls down towards the center of the screen until I get tired of it and move it back to the very top left only to start the process all over again... it drives me insane.

What I would like is that when looting multiple corpses, the windows exactly overlap so that I can click loot 6 times without having to move the mouse cursor slightly down and to the right every time. At the very least have the preset (mine is the very top left) not move to where the last loot window opened and instead stays where I originally dragged it to set it.

Please @Berek talk to someone about this... I don't ask for much :D.

5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good post!

Yeah, I have been holding off on this same feedback. I have to agree...it is irritating slaying a skeleton in East Perennial, for example, and having the corpse vanish in the muck with no indicator of where it went, making it hard to find to loot. This is especially tough for the 'run and gun' ranger types who are always on the move. In battle with multiple mobs, its nearly impossible to come back and find where the corpses landed.

Some type of 'emanation' animation from corpses would be great to solve this issue. A sparkle, a whiff of smoke, or something rising up from the waters....

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Leynael, Kara Brae and Sara Dreygon like this.
  6. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Ya me too I agree, I am sure there must be a better way to loot some corpses. searching and searching for a tiny little clickable spot is annoying and unnecessary .

7. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

YES this has been a problem since R4 or whenever corpses started becoming lootable. Those awful swamps!

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The two available modes are targeting mode and interactive mode. According to the Player Instructions, both require a double click to interact with anything. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z-svq1OvcZwViqGxFCKdjH3NCn2LTfLuGny5qaAqjTM/pub#h.kmz4ppfhjopk

In targeting mode, a reticle is on-screen, and you have to double-click when the reticle is over an object in order to interact with the object. Moving the mouse moves the camera.
    In cursor mode, a cursor is on-screen, and you have to double-click with the cursor in order to interact with an object.

Louis Vuitton likes this.
  9. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

What I find works in this situation, is to move the camera to a straight down point of view, then move near the name and the corpse will be right under the name.

However this doesn't help with the Object overlays, e.g. the bubble of interaction around one object blocks the ones under neath it. (e.g. two corpses in a pile, only top one is clickable until it is looted, skinned, or otherwise removed because it's bubble blocks most of the one under it).
    It doesn't help with tiny interaction bubbles. (e.g. a single snow wolf that you have to double click the paws to skin because the body is un-clickable)

Kara Brae likes this.
  10. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I asked for this in another thread... ability to loot multiple corpse in range... eh, it isn't rocket science... it's computer science, slightly easier :p

11. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

This

Aldo likes this.
  12. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Agree. This is not fixed yet? In my active playing time several releases back (Grand Tour and such) I found exactly the same to be very annoying.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

13. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

Yes! I agree with the OP as well. Last night in a swamp area I was unable to locate corpses to loot them multiple times. I am playing a ranged character and was unable to locate and loot when killing from a distance. This was further complicated by a problem I seem to be having with some names not being displayed on mobs.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  14. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

24 likes!

Loot needs a review.

+ take all in bag mode. + loot bag mode not linked to inventory list mode.

15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yeah, I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up more frequently. This is a really annoying part of the game.

Duke Olahorand and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  16. ZhugeLiang

ZhugeLiang Avatar

This is still one of the worst aspects of the game right now. With no hotkey for looting/auto-looting the game becomes a chore.

Beaumaris likes this.
  17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

On the hot key topic, check out the next release and try the 'E' key :)

18. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

If this is really one of the worst aspects of the game, Id say the game is a smashing success so far!

19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It would also be nice if you could make a corpse go away without looting all of the items off of it.

20. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In the Release 32 Player Guide (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-32-instructions.55263/) an "interaction" shortcut has been announced:

The E key will interact with whatever the mouse cursor (in Interactive Mode) or reticle (in Targeting Mode) is over, as if you had double-clicked on it. Bodies and chests will be looted, resources nodes will be harvested, doors will be opened, etc...

I am very eager to try this out and see if it makes looting corpses any easier. :)

Athanil and Acred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.