Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Looting needs to be faster

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Kilhwch, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

Looting needs to be faster.

- Don't make dragging attempt to split stacks of gold. What user wouldn't take all the gold from a corpse? Make shift+drag split the stack instead of making it the norm.
    - Double click an object should loot it from the corpse.
    - Corpses in piles make it difficult to tell which is being targeted; especially since the ring appears around the corpse's feet and not the center of its mass.
    - Dragging equipment from a corpse to a character should not auto-equip.
    - The position of the corpse window (coffin gump) should remember the last position the user moved it to, so subsequent windows open in the same spot.

2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

+1

Also took me a while to figure out that there is a sweet spot for looting. Need to get the coloured target up (normally by their feet).

3. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

Excellent feedback. I second all of it! :)

4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

5. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Personally I would like the looting to be slower to be more realistic.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

Yes, we definitely need a progress bar. Maybe a Looting skill determining the speed, tied to the subterfuge skill tree. High Looting would allow you to loot enemies killed by other players. Very quickly. Like a ninja.

No, just kidding. I hope they make looting pretty fast since many of us are going to be doing it a lot.

Ceal Astra and Jatvardur like this.
  7. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Looting slower? We grab their coin purse and their weapon. Looting speed is just fine

Have some issues dragging the elves bow. Hard to grab it from the coffin.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Well grabbing all items from a corpse takes less than one second right now! Realistically i should take a few moments to actually get a decent inventory check. I can agree that grabbing the weapon will only take a second but the gold? Well that can take quite some time depending on where you creature have hide it's gold (back pocket, vest pocket, in a bag with a lot of other items or perhaps on the boots?). On average I think it should take a least 5-10 seconds to find the gold.

If we then move over to armour... in real life looting a chainmail takes forever, I have been in real life tests using a corpse analog and that shows it's more or less impossible to remove by yourself and even if you are two it takes a lot of time (Me +1 gave up after 45 minutes, record time for two people to remove a chainmail from a corpse was 20 minutes.)

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Lol. You totally had me with the first paragraph.

10. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

as this is a game and suppose to be fun looting is fine the way it is. If you want to be realistic you can kill your enemy and then grab a smoke before you loot him. There will be too much looting to do to waste all that time.

Jatvardur likes this.
  11. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Well of course I don't want totally realistic times that would be really boring. But that it takes less than a second to loot are raises a lot of "flag of disbelief" from a roleplaying perspective. As I said 5-10 seconds to get a full inventory list and another few seconds to loot depending on what you are looting makes it at least look like some kind of search and job time to remove items are done.

When it comes to player corpses will you only get one item so that are raising a lot of disbelief flags anyway.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Greedy, Seedy Greed"

Well Placed as a part of the Ninja "Rouge Skill Class" by, Amaranthus ;

This is one of my redundant themes in the pounding of my forum drums, "Rouges have a place in our game and it's not as the Pickpockets of bygone gaming days".

A Rouge will never be as heavy hitting with any endurance that could match the Mage and Knight class skills accept through a stealthy surprise attack and they will never be as upstanding in the shadier sides of their skills. Yet most Mage and Warrior Classes should only take the victim's obvious goods/money sack, weapons and to take much longer in time, the victim's armor, shoes or clothing.

Morkul, points to another very evident point of reality that also hints towards the Rouge Class Skills and that is the length of time looting can take. In past games looting has been reduced to some unreal magical computer means ie) "click, loot, get on with another with lightning speed". This would suggest that again, the Rouge Skills could not only speed the proses by his talents of dexterity, but also increase what can be found to be looted on any-body. Would a Warrior or Mage be likely to search for a money belt, a hidden pocket, the seam of a tailor's hidden seem, the groin, "the fold":eek:, or for a hidden jewel twined into the hair of the victim?:confused:

All of this business is quite seedy indeed and far above what we should expect of our more proper Knights and eclectic Mages.
    Looting in real life is a very seedy business that requires something more of the stomach that is not commonly displayed or expressed, or very much considered in other games.

(REMOVED VIDEO DUE TO CONTENT- cs2501x)

"Please Help Support Our SotA Rouge Skill Class to Become Something More than a Harassing Pickpocket"
    SotA Rouge Class, "a very useful, welcomed and productive member of our growing SotA Fellowship" :)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

13. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

As someone who has RP'd for decades I have no issue with looting as it is. Like I said, you want realism inject it any way you feel necessary. There is no need to ruin other peoples gameplay dragging looting out.

foobard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.