Looting

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Haldarthir, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderchunk

Thunderchunk Avatar

I Completely agree with you. I think however, maybe if the Dungeon systems work different in SOtA there could be some shared looting system so that its not the player who can click the fastest gets all the loot. But in PVP I think it should stay the same as in UO. Looting bodies was one of my favorite things to do. It gave dieing consequences which It think gets lost in all the care bear games out today.

Chaos And Order and jondavis like this.
  2. Owain

Owain Avatar

Welcome to the SotA boards, @Thunderchunk, but just so you know, loaded terms like 'care bear' don't fit in with the one big happy Sota community environment FireLotus is shooting for here, to it's best to use neutral terms like 'PvE games'.

Of course, if you disparage open PvP/full loot, I will verbally abuse you. ;)

Mordecai likes this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I firmly believe that open PVP/full loot systems only benefit griefing. Orwain has already repeatedly gone on record accusing me of being evil and pathological for suggesting we shouldn't penalize new players and reward griefers. Verbal abuse does not sway my opinion. I'm of the crazy opinion that you don't want to drive away new players if you want the game to grow and be successful.

You can create tension and consequences without it.

The very few demo of the game we saw was a town under siege. When it is under siege, services are not available and players can't make money from their vendors. I would prefer to see tense PvP fall along the lines of large scale guild wars, sieging each other's castles/towns. If a guild/town saves up a bunch of money for defensive measures only to have those measures damaged/destroyed, that is meaningful consequence. If they can't use the vendors/services in a town, that is meaningful consequence.

And it only affects players who have advanced enough to purchase land in a town, so it wouldn't necessarily drive the newest players away. Even those just on the cusp of having newly purchased land (but perhaps unable to defend themselves from the fiercest raiders) are now put in a group context where they are defending with the rest of their guild/town.

4. Owain

Owain Avatar

Orwain? Should I start calling you inherunderwear? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.