Lord British Mac & Cheese recipe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Echondas, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thanks! Lord British's recipe components are scheduled to arrive Friday .. and then will give this a whirl!

(We're down to about 1/2 of Lily Byrd's recipe and some leftover fried chicken and want to finish that off first to not waste food/money. We tossed the leftover collards (with bacon!) in some linguini yesterday with extra garlic and a little olive oil and that was a fun usage of leftovers)

Lily Byrd and Time Lord like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Funny thing is, the people most likely to decry processed cheese in this time strike me as the kind of people who would have sung it's praises when it was first introduce, being all new and sciency.

I withdraw my earlier complaint about Cheez Whiz; I mistook it for Easy Cheese, which is pretty gross. Except on twinkie wiener sandwiches, of course.

I suspect LB's recipe is akin to the shells and cheese variant Kraft makes, which includes a foil package of thick processed cheese sauce instead of powder. I actually like that stuff better than ol' blue box. (Plus I rarely buy milk, so the shells and cheese is easier.)

3. Echondas

Just gave it a try -- quick, easy, and tastes great! I tossed a sprinkle of cilantro on top for fun since I had it lying around.
    (and cat approved with an eager onlooker for what's left after)

Thanks @Lord British !

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

As a cilantro mutant, I find that addition far more offensive.

Lily Byrd, Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Echondas

LOL.. as I was thinking of adding it, I was like... people either LOVE or HATE cilantro... I figured.. what the hell!

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'm more interested in the polydactyl cat

Lily Byrd, Time Lord and Echondas like this.
  7. Echondas

She's fun.. heard her crying out in the hallway of my apartment building 5-6 years ago, tried to find the owner.. and then there was another kitty.
    I didn't get her spayed (yet) because all my kitties are indoors only and she is very unique (as you keenly observed!). I was thinking one day if I could guarantee good homes I would try and hook her up with a friend.. but the chances of that are slim, and her HOWLING when she's in heat (right now!) is almost unbearable.. loudest cat ever..so she might have to get spayed before I go insane.

Lily Byrd, Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I could never figure out why people raved about it. I used to hardly ever eat Mexican/TexMex because half the time (more so at good restaurants, less so at Taco Bell etc.) it was like eating a plate of soap. Once I figured out it was the cilantro, I could mostly avoid it (unless it was in the salsa or something) and eat mexican. But people always gave me grief when I'd order something, then send it back because it tasted awful, and others ate the same thing and said it was amazing.

Then, one of my coworkers posted the article about the cilantro mutation on FB. Finally, I could prove I wasn't crazy!

Lily Byrd, Echondas and Time Lord like this.
  9. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

I haven't bought cheese whiz since a couple decades ago when I was bribing a friend of my son's to eat something before he fainted from hunger. He would eat pretty much anything if there was cheese whiz on it, so I kept a small jar for about 10 years just so when he was visiting my son that he would eat his food. Not sure I'm going to buy it again just to try that recipe, but I'll keep it in mind if I'm anywhere where they have both those items

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.