Lord British tells us about "The Sword"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lazarus Long, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Lord British tells us about "The Sword" and things to come in the future for S.O.T.A :)

2. Raiden Xel Ru

Raiden Xel Ru Avatar

Thanks for sharing :) cool!

3. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Thanks for posting this. Is there a link to the full livesteam video anywhere?

4. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

what's the long & short of it? can't watch the video

Tahru and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  5. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

In short, the sword will be wiped with the next release, but if it is made again closer to beta launch, those items will make their way into the world as lootable from chests and maybe enemies (not sure if it will be on enemies). In theory, if Ezekiel is given the sword again come around that time, LB would have to make another one because the pre-beta Lord British sword will be somewhere in the world to be found. Exciting stuff. Gratz BMC!

Tahru likes this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Lord British created a sword with his makers mark that was "the first" ever created by him in either UO or SOTA. He gave that sword to the guild leader of BMC. They will not be able to preserve the sword because of wipes, but LB has offered to recreate this moment in time and give them (BMC) another sword in the future if needed. The end.

:)

7. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

oh.

Tahru and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  8. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Nice

Tahru and Darlok Brimstone like this.
  9. Sayumi

Sayumi Avatar

Favoritism at it's finest.

Us backers at the lower amounts have no place here anymore.

10. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Find me in game /Blake Blackstone, I want you to be part of our guild. Seriously.
    Or find a The Weeping Seven and they will give you invite. I implore you not to quit just yet.

11. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

LB goes into detail describing that the BMC held a crafting fair and taught everyone who was there how to craft in each of the specialties. LB believed that this was enough to reward them with his first ever item ever created in a game with his name on it. It's not about the reward, it's about the bigger picture, and making sure the game turns out to be great. MGT used to be the largest guild, now the BMC is, but they deserve the attention more-so in the eyes of the devs. We wont be parading around with picket signs saying we deserve more. I enjoy Ezekiel's presence in the game and they deserve the attention.

4EverLost, Asclepius, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  12. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It was a bit interesting to see the question are they still going to hit their release window of the 4 quarter or early next year....because that's the first they have said of that.

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's one way to look at it, I guess.

But what is your expectation of this game (or any game)? The alternative is that LB doesn't do anything for anyone. Ok, no favoritism can be claimed that way. But I guess I don't understand what the point of all this is if that's the case. Does every high and low level backer show up thinking "Will this be the day the Lord British see's me in the crowd and tell's me I'm a special flower?"

I don't think that's the point of this game. I think everyone is supposed to show up, roleplay, have a good time, and that's really about it. Is being a low level backer stopping anyone from doing that? I don't think so.

BTW, I'm a high level backer and I don't have a sword made by Lord British either. So relax. :)

4EverLost, Asclepius, Kaisa and 4 others like this.
  14. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

Winfield and duke greagoir have been doing this stuff since r6 or r7. They have never bragged or been pompous. Amber has a chaos spoon that she cannot keep due to wipes. This whole idea makes me nautious. Am not happy with seeing this stuff.

15. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Well said. LB did say that this was the first release that we were able to have the maker's mark. I think BMC is just the first. LB probably plans on spreading the love. Who knows? :p

16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think there has to be a fine line the devs have to walk, sure it's great to show support to those that add to the game. However, you cannot show too much support or it will lead to backlash from some who see it as they are behind the eightball and don't see them as receiving gifts that makes their games better. Unfortunately, there isn't one way to make either side happy. One side thinks that they deserve the gifts and recognition, the other sees it as favoritism. This will have to come down to the devs deciding how much "hands on" they want to do, or spreading out the good will to more then the usual crowd.

I can see this not making anyone happy however. I'm not sure what the correct answer is other then ensuring to make appearances/gifts more spreadout.

17. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Envy (jealousy) is one of the Seven Deadly Sins. In my opinion the worst one as envy has a strong influence on each of the other serious human character flaws. Rather than being envious, greedy, lustful, wrathful, or proud to a fortunate member of our community you should be feeling happy and congratulatory.

Shame on those who are so shallow, self serving, and immature to complain about this innocent and harmless good will from the Founder of our game to one of our own.

In the big scheme of things, outside shallow little virtual worlds there are much greater concerns.

Not directed at everyone, but to those whom this applies...grow up, man/woman up, and stop whining. Create don't destroy!

Nikko, 4EverLost, Asclepius and 6 others like this.
  18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Yes, I'm sure this will make them feel much better about the situation. Like I said, I don't think it's that easy.

Jatvardur and Tahru like this.
  19. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

Yes my lord I am sorry I stepped out of line. Please forgive me for my transgressions.

Jatvardur, 4EverLost and Tahru like this.
  20. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Whats all the fuss? Someone got a custom sword from the devs? I think that's pretty cool! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.