1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord British's Virtuous R4 Impressions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNA Cowboy

DNA Cowboy Avatar

[​IMG]

My liege, tis heartening that you are aware of the mutterings about combat and beg thee please respond to your people's concerns over the World Map before there be rebellion in the camp.

Your faithful servant, Pandora Boxx

Lord Royou and enderandrew like this.
  2. Blacklisted

Blacklisted Avatar

This.

I do wanna thank you for all you have done so far, and I am looking forward to playing!

But I think a lot of people on this thread seem to be sugarcoating it a bit, there is a pretty decent issue with the overland map for a decent majority (as can best be measured so far to us players by means of forums and player polls). I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Lord Baldrith and DNA Cowboy like this.
  3. Royou

Royou Avatar

It was a privilege and honor to see you in game my Liege, the pool party rocked and was great fun, you are all doing a great job, keep up the fantastic work you are all doing :)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Furmanator

Furmanator Avatar

Time Lord, tradyblix and Lord Royou like this.
  5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Looking forward to seeing all the R4 screen shots and videos posted on the web from around the world. I was working this past weekend *arg*. Hopefully I'll be able to strategically arrange a selfie with Lord British in the future like I did in R3 (nothing like a good name drop on occasion!).

All hail the King (along with his court and parliament) as they continue to create an amazing world for us all to enjoy!

[​IMG]

Asclepius, Lord Royou and Fireangel like this.
  6. lemonkey

lemonkey Avatar

I had a lot of fun with R4 as well (when it wasn't locking up loading zones on OS X). It was great hunting elves with you (target the mages first!) and I can really see where things are going. So much so I felt compelled to upgrade my pledge to that of virtual collector! I appreciate all the hangouts and look forward to April 7 and beyond. Thanks!

[​IMG]

Etienne Navarre

Lord Royou and Fireangel like this.
  7. Tilaras

Tilaras Avatar

I too loved the R4 session! it was awesome to get into the game and see all the stuff that has been going on, so much so that i also upgraded to the Citizen level to help support the game and to get into the goodies that come with the pledge!
    but i also have concerns about the overview map and was a bit dismayed that you have gone to a paper style map when the old map was so much better! you could see your character, and the surrounding countryside, which helped to maintain the games atmosphere and kept the player in the zone, as apposed to the new map where it was all static and had no real life to it. That's my two cents on the subject, otherwise excellent progress and hope to see you all in R5

docdoom77 likes this.
  8. DNA Cowboy

DNA Cowboy Avatar

Did someone plaster LB's beard and hair on after in this screenie?
    The reason I ask is that it the hair and facial hair does not seem to be integral to the character...probably just a trick of the light and early days and all that.

9. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Actually, it's probably my old dying computer on very low graphic settings. I've seen screen caps where everything looks much better. But yeah, keep in mind that things are being optimized as we type.

Today (Sunday) at 3pm EST, they are going to have a live dev chat regarding character creation and fishing. Good time to ask about stuff like that!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.