Lord Forged item - Has anyone received theirs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sargon, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Correct, which is why I said it was nowhere near a like-for-like thing. Especially for something that cost FIVE GRAND. It's the most astounding slap in the face, twice, that I think I've seen during Shroud's development.

2. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I wonder why Port. was not up front with the fact they could not possibly be able to fulfill the pledge item. Surely they knew long before everyone else knew.

3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

The think of most value - maybe after the Keep lot - dismissed (especially for those, who could not take the Portalarium tour, which was another paid, but for many not usable thing with no replacement).
    And now we see not only a relatively poor replacement enforced upon us without even being asked - those who took the replacement offer, are sent into the waiting loop again.

Honestly, I have difficulties to understand this style of business.

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    The Headless Rebel Duke

4. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

So somehow I missed the information on this.. what form are we supposed to fill out? anyone have a link to the thread that discussed it? I would have to agree that a craft made item.. if it is that.. is just not the same as a unique character head model. Port needs to up the game on this promise.

Baratan, Addison and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Here you go: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tom-avatar-head-now-lord-forged-items.130944/

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I'm actually looking forward to a Lord Forged item. Please send me yours if you get one and dont want it. Thanks. Hehehehehe.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  7. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Sir Frank said:
    Perhaps they want to do something better.

Brewton said:
    Come on, you really believe that?

I do believe there is something a foot that they wish not to discuss at the moment. ...just my personnel belief.

If they were happy with the Lord Forged Item feedback they got. They would have already started delivering on that promise IMHO.
    Probably some discussion or plan they would like to implement as we go into Episode 2 launch.
    It might go a long way in rebuilding some trust between founders and developers and healing a serious wound.
    I know as one who has spent tens of thousands upon this game. I will never allow myself to be so gullible and spend money so freely based upon the developers word and my own belief in the games eventual success.

8. Duke Olahorand

I am not sure, if there is something or if it is handled as a matter of ultra low priority. If I see, how the eligible requests of community translators regarding their last virtual "salary" for August are handled, which is as simple as adding a defined number of COTOs to their accounts (not a too big number of accounts as well) and did not happen despite reminding them, I wouldn't read anything in benefitting the entitled accounts in this matter either.

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    The Rebel Duke

9. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

Or, you know, a simple one paragraph update on what is going on here. As you can read from this two month old thread, it has been asked of devs to give an update, even if that update simply says they are still evaluating based on the largely negative feedback from the decision to move to lord forged items.

But not a word has been uttered on the topic, despite repeatedly being asked. We are now six months past the lord forged announcement.

If I didn’t know any better, I might think that Port is betting that this fades away yet again, and are seeing in their analytics that dukes are still playing and, most importantly, still spending sufficiently. In other words, few dukes are changing their behavior so it is not going to be treated as an important item to comment on, let alone fulfill.

They have your money from the duke pledge, there is no money to be made actually fixing this, and likely enough Dukes are still spending freely that there is no incentive to fix this in any reasonable timeframe. The consensus sure feels like “bummed about the heads going away, bummed no lord forged items have delivered, bummed Port does not communicate about the issue, but oh well”.

I can totally understand why this gets treated with such little importance given that scenario, I just don’t agree that is a great way to treat customers. Port is betting you continue to accept that treatment.

10. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

11. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Wait, we were able to get our own custom forged item? How does one accomplish this?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Addison and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Duke Olahorand

Look here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tom-avatar-head-now-lord-forged-items.130944/

Through the form on your account page you can request this kind of item, if you pledged for Duke or higher and have been entitled for a custom head due to this pledge.

But it takes a bit more than filling out the form - it takes lords willing to forge.

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    The Rebel Duke

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

We'll get em on the secondary market considering how mad some of the Dukes and Barons appear to be at this point :)

14. Addison

Addison Avatar

I thought this was just an award for Royal Founder and Founder Dukes. Does it include Barons as well?

15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Oh, it's probably only Dukes. I lost track of the Kickstarter stuff. I just meant those whose station is so high that they get LFI, not us lowly landed gentry who are barely more than a Hedge Knight !

Addison likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No.

Addison likes this.
  17. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

It was listed in the Founder Duke pledge reward level.

I am still awaiting instructions and clarification on this matter, being one of the Dukes that is still in his original pledge and has been very patient in trying to balance what was offered and what maybe a fair replacement for something that is said that cannot be delivered.

This we lay at the feet of the sovereign, @Lord British to justly consider.

18. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

It was a Duke And Lord of the Manor Pledge Reward

[​IMG]

19. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Odd I am a Duke, but I don't see this form on my account page? I see the heraldry and name submission stuff, but not the head. Did they remove it?

20. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

so along the lines of physical rewards and taken from the wiki; which may have changed I am assuming.. I seem to be minus some rewards in my physical box. Has anyone else noticed this or did they change the physical stuff? I don't have most of these deeds, the Story of Mondain, the signed book hard copy, or the D&D campaign signed. Nor did I get the soundtrack.
    • Autographed City Deed - Printed City Property Deed, hand signed by Richard "Lord British" Garriott [​IMG]
    • Autographed Town Deed - Printed Town Property Deed, hand signed by Richard "Lord British" Garriott [​IMG]
    • Autographed Property Deed - Printed Village Property Deed, hand signed by Richard "Lord British" Garriott. [​IMG]
    • Autographed Blade of the Avatar - Printed novel signed by Tracy Hickman and Richard Garriott! [​IMG]
    • Printed Tinkerer Certificate, hand signed by Richard "Lord British" Garriott [​IMG]
    • Cloth map hand signed by Richard “Lord British” Garriott
    • Autographed "The Story of Mondain in the World of Sosaria" - Hand signed, physical reprint of Richard "Lord British" Garriott's, original typewritten, high school English class essay of "The Story of Mondain in the World of Sosaria." This is the original story that became the foundation of Richard's Ultima games. [​IMG]
    • Autographed Akallabeth D&D Campaign - Hand signed, physical reprint of Richard "Lord British" Garriott's, original handwritten notes for the "Akallabeth!" (yes, the original spelling included two "L's" in the title) Dungeons & Dragons campaign he designed as a teenager, and that became the foundation of his first commercial RPG, "Akalabeth." [​IMG]
    • Printed Blade of the Avatar - Can't properly devour a book without holding it? Get the printed version of Blade of the Avatar! [​IMG]
    • "The Story of Mondain in the World of Sosaria" - Physical reprint of Richard "Lord British" Garriott's, original typewritten, high school English class essay of "The Story of Mondain in the World of Sosaria." This is the original story that became the foundation of Richard's Ultima games. [​IMG]
    • Akallabeth D&D Campaign - Physical reprint of Richard "Lord British" Garriott's, original handwritten notes for the "Akallabeth!" (yes, the original spelling included two "L's" in the title) Dungeons & Dragons campaign he designed as a teenager, and that became the foundation of his first commercial RPG, "Akalabeth." [​IMG]
    • Official Collector's Coin - Hefty, solid metal Shroud of the Avatar coin. [​IMG]
    • Runic Translation Print - Physical copy of the Runic Language Translation Print.
    • Trinket - Mysterious physical artifact! (Is it an ankh? Is it a serpent necklace? What could it be?)
    • Cloth Map - Full size cloth map of the new world (Current image is an artist's concept only)
    • Collector's Box
    • Tangible Game Media - Get the game on a recorded media game (format of recorded media TBD)
    • Soundtrack - Recorded media game soundtrack (format of recorded media TBD)
    • Game Manual - Old-school style, illustrated, printed manual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.